★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ****** Easy Mode Added In This Update !! ******

AUTOBOY is a 8bit style 2D action game. You need to control Autoboy and use your skill to defeat all Evil robot. Every evil robot has their own different moves and attacks.When defeated all the evil robot, the evil master" Mister Joker" is waiting for you ! Are you ready for a new challenge ?

********************STORY********************

Year A.D.21xx, in the venue of the world new energy conference. Professor Gordon and his son Andy, announced their world changing invention, the"A.U.T.O. ENERGY". But the prototype sudden stole by " The Greastest Criminal - Mister Joker". Mister Joker bring the prototype back to his base and start to attack the venue. But Professor Gordon still have one last prototype, he use it to empower his another invention, the" A.U.T.O. Shooter" and quickly hand it to Andy, hoping him can bring the prototype back. Andy armed himself with the Auto Shooter. Then he transform into the Super Hero "AutoBoy" !! And immediate rush toward Mister Joker's base...

This update includes:
Game Center Supported,
Game Center Achievements,
Easy Mode Added,

AUTOBOY Game Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6A4No0liqo

funworker's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

AUTOBOY - a 8Bit Style 2D Action Game
AUTOBOY is a 8bit style 2D action game. You need to control Autoboy and use your skill to defeat all Evil robot.
Every evil robot has their own different moves and attacks.
When defeated all the evil robot, the evil master" Mister Joker" is waiting for you !
Are you ready for a new challenge ?

********************STORY********************

Year A.D.21xx, in the venue of the world new energy conference.
Professor Gordon and his son Andy, announced their world changing invention, the"A.U.T.O. ENERGY".
But the prototype sudden stole by " The Greastest Criminal - Mister Joker".
Mister Joker bring the prototype back to his base and start to attack the venue.
But Professor Gordon still have one last prototype, he use it to empower his another invention,
the" A.U.T.O. Shooter" and quickly hand it to Andy, hoping him can bring the prototype back.
Andy armed himself with the Auto Shooter. Then he transform into the Super Hero "AutoBoy" !!
And immediate rush toward Mister Joker's base...

Welcome to suggest more function you want, we will try to add new functions later. Thanks!
05-18-2011, 03:38 AM
I beat you to it.

But I'll repost here:

I'm not gonna lie; it's pretty good. The story of Auto Boy is at least as engaging as the story of Mega Man. A man with a condom over his head steals a powerful weapon on behalf of the US and you have to get it back:

Unfortunately it's all boss fights. Well, 99% boss fights. The levels are very short.

Still, I like it.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by starjimstar; 05-18-2011 at 03:44 AM.

05-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Looks cool, but without a full-screen option, I'll be giving it a miss. Shame, I love 8-bit games.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
05-18-2011, 05:44 AM
I really like the look of this, dont mind its not full screen and has that old skool controller on top. The game looks great, i'll be giving this one a go for sure - Just bought it now, i'll let you know what its like in a while
05-18-2011, 09:09 AM
I'll buy just for the novelty.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi, anyone can cleared the game ? Please give us any comment, Thanks !
05-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Will probably purchase this as well.
05-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Capcom is going to beat your as- Oh wait this looks pretty awesome!
05-18-2011, 10:10 PM
I'll probably end up getting this too just for the childhood nostalgia.
05-19-2011, 01:48 AM

This was on Xbox Live Arcade Indie Games.

The developers should have done a lot more to promote this game as retro platformers are the trend on the Appstore and Toucharcade.

Hopefully the controls are as good as League of Evil.