★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ****50% off Summer Sale****

Platform Racing 3, the hit internet sensation with over 13 million plays, is now available for the iPhone! Brought to you by inXile entertainment, the same folks that made Line Rider, Impossible Quiz and Fantastic Contraption.

In Platform Racing 3 for the iPhone you receive:

50 campaign levels!
Thousands of custom levels!!
Over 1 million possible customization combinations!!!
Play with thousands of other happy players on the interwebz!!!!
Visit www.sparkworkz.com/platformracing3 to make your own levels!!!!!!
Retina display ready!!!!!!
Excessive use of punctuation!!!!!!

Youll soon be competing against the masses online as you run, swim, jump and battle your opponents with lasers, jet packs, mines and a plethora of other wacky items. And with each race you will gain experience to spend on skills, such as speed, jumping and acceleration! Personalize your racer with custom body parts; turn your racer into a dinosaur, an alien, a caveman, or any combination of the bunch! Wear goofy hats that improve your abilities!

What are you waiting for? Buy me today!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Quote:
Platform Racing 3, the hit internet sensation with over 13 million plays, is now available for the iPhone! Brought to you by inXile entertainment, the same folks that made Line Rider, Impossible Quiz and Fantastic Contraption.

In Platform Racing 3 for the iPhone you receive:

➊ 50 campaign levels!
➋ Thousands of custom levels!!
➌ Over 1 million possible customization combinations!!!
➍ Play with thousands of other happy players on the interwebz!!!!
➎ Visit www.sparkworkz.com/platformracing3 to make your own levels!!!!!!
➏ Retina display ready!!!!!!
➏ Excessive use of punctuation!!!!!!

You’ll soon be competing against the masses online as you run, swim, jump and battle your opponents with lasers, jet packs, mines and a plethora of other wacky items. And with each race you will gain experience to spend on skills, such as speed, jumping and acceleration! Personalize your racer with custom body parts; turn your racer into a dinosaur, an alien, a caveman, or any combination of the bunch! Wear goofy hats that improve your abilities!

What are you waiting for? Buy me today!
05-18-2011, 08:59 AM
I bought this last night and thought it was complete garbage. I am going to give it some more time today to see if my opinion changes.

Graphics are dull and uninspired, lacking any type of polish. Controls are questionable at best as the joy stick is used to move left, right, up and hold down to jump high. I found the controls to be inconsistent, especially the jumping which is a huge part of the game.

I had never heard of this game before but apparently 13 million people have, so maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I was familiar with it. I will say that the idea behind the game is great, short levels and tons of character customization. Problem is, when your character looks like a battered hobo all the dressing in the world won't make him look pretty.

05-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I bought this last night and thought it was complete garbage. I am going to give it some more time today to see if my opinion changes.

Graphics are dull and uninspired, lacking any type of polish. Controls are questionable at best as the joy stick is used to move left, right, up and hold down to jump high. I found the controls to be inconsistent, especially the jumping which is a huge part of the game.

I had never heard of this game before but apparently 13 million people have, so maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I was familiar with it. I will say that the idea behind the game is great, short levels and tons of character customization. Problem is, when your character looks like a battered hobo all the dressing in the world won't make him look pretty.
Agreed! I bought this and has pretty much same thinking as your post.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
Agreed! I bought this and has pretty much same thinking as your post.
It's better on PC.
05-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Impressions? 2 bucks is a lot to waste considering I can play it on PC.
05-18-2011, 09:33 PM
What went through their head when they decided NOT to have a jump button? Its hard to jump accurately when its mapped to UP on a VIRTUAL STICK. They should just replace it with a movement slider and a crouch button on the left, and item & jump buttons on the right.

That is my itunes review. I honestly cannot envision the complete braindead moron who thought moving, jumping and crouching should be controlled by a virtual stick. I've played mspaint-drawn mario ripoffs with more sense in their controls than this.
It scares me. I don't know if I want to live in a world where people who think this is an acceptable control layout are allowed to make (or port) games.

Its a shame too, because it destroys the fun of what would otherwise be a decent platforming game. It even claims to have online multiplayer.

Game Center: Jenohart

Last edited by Jenohart; 05-18-2011 at 09:47 PM.
05-18-2011, 09:48 PM
I've played Platform Racing 2 on the computer (it was the #1 multiplayer game on kongregate for a long time) and it had both a phenomenal online play and a great level editor. Based on the previous posts I'm kind of doubtful about this now though.

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
05-18-2011, 10:16 PM
The 3rd one is out on PC. I'm on the fence of downloading this.
05-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Some of the levels take ages to load and subsequently run horribly and may even crash. Some of the levels look horrible and are horribly designed. Such is the price of having campaign consist of custom levels made by randoms.

There are many customization options to unlock but you have to get gold medals to get them. Good luck trying to do that with these atrocious controls.

Avoid like the plague, at least until they grow some common sense and put in a god damn jump button.

EDIT: i take back what i said about customization, there appears to be much fewer customization options than I expected

Game Center: Jenohart

Last edited by Jenohart; 05-19-2011 at 10:19 PM.