★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Grab your skateboard and enter Pixel City. Skate through the dangerous city streets where a single mistake results in instant death!

*** Highlights ***

- Retro style pixel graphics!
- Addictive gameplay
- 50+ challenging stages in normal game mode
- Blood splatter
- Choose between Normal or Endless Mode, for endless fun!
- Exclusive soundtrack by chiptune artist Boy vs. Bacteria

Join the Pixel City Skater revolution!
05-18-2011, 07:44 AM
According to the developer, there is a game stopping bug on one of the levels (33 I think), but a fix has been submitted to Apple.

05-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Looks awesome!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
05-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
According to the developer, there is a game stopping bug on one of the levels (33 I think), but a fix has been submitted to Apple.
indeed I am stuck there as well. The graphic arent that sharp, for pixelart that is a no go, the controls unresponsive in general, the music is one awesome tune. But really that isn't enough to warrant a buy.
05-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegames View Post
indeed I am stuck there as well. The graphic arent that sharp, for pixelart that is a no go, the controls unresponsive in general, the music is one awesome tune. But really that isn't enough to warrant a buy.
Agree about the graphics; was initially surprised they don't appear to be retina at all. Controls I actually thought were good. (Well, you tap. It works.) Got stuck first time, thought it was a glitch, started again from the beginning and got stuck again in the same spot. Swore. Deleted. Good to know the devs are on top of it but not sure I care.
05-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer:

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-02-2011 at 01:23 PM.
05-27-2011, 10:25 PM
I like the art style, we'll see about the gameplay.
05-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1120 View Post
I like the art style, we'll see about the gameplay.
Wouldn't recommend this one in particular. The artwork doesn't really "pop" and like mentioned above, the controls are mostly unresponsive - was another one of my ignorant purchases.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Since it's free, I'll have a try. What hooks me is the thrilling speed-up.
05-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Caved too early.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero