★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PopCap
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 14.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: Welcome to the second game from 4th & Battery.

Candy Train was an old and nearly forgotten PopCap title from many years ago. However, an aspiring game programmer, working in a different part of the company, loved Candy Train and thought it would be a great game for iPhones, iPod touches and iPads and so she started working in her free time to create a new version specifically, for these devices. She poured equal amounts of sweat, tears and love into this iOS adaptation of Candy Train and we think it's great enough to share with the world.

And, by the way, the powers-that-be were so impressed that Sophia now works as a game programmer in PopCap's game studio! We hope you enjoy this second release from 4th & Battery.
---

Sweet, glorious candy is popping up everywhere. Dont ask us how it happens! The best part? Youre a conductor on a train that collects it. But whoever built the train track didnt get hugs when he was little, or failed basic engineering. So its up to you to simultaneously drive the train while piecing the track together and collecting the candy. If you cant clear a path for your train in time, your train will come to a sad, sugar-coated demise. Time is running out. What do you do? What. Do. You. Do?

---
PopCap games are for everyone. 4th & Battery games? Maybe not. 4th & Battery is where we get to try out smaller, stranger, edgier game ideas. Expect fun and occasional weirdness. Welcome to the sandbox!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

05-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Awesome a free popcap game!

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App and Game reviewer and news writer. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy Game Center: Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

05-18-2011, 05:31 AM
ou, it seems to be chaotic

I love this world!
05-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Definitely give this one a try even I'm not pretty much digged to their previous free game.

Antony
05-18-2011, 09:35 AM
We did a version of this game for Palm OS years ago. We still get requests from ex-Palm users who want this for their iPhone, so it should do well, especially free!
05-18-2011, 11:35 AM
I tried it, pretty fun for me, still don't get why they set it free, it's definitely worth a buck!

Antony
05-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraware View Post
We did a version of this game for Palm OS years ago. We still get requests from ex-Palm users who want this for their iPhone, so it should do well, especially free!
As a person who played this a ton on the Palm, let me say that this is a great gift for iPhone users. Assuming they didn't muck up the port, this definitely would have been worth buying, let alone for free.

Now, if they would just do a Seven Seas port, all would be great.
05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Nice!

I loved this on the Palm, and am very excited about picking it up. Thanks to Astraware!
05-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Looking forward to downloading this tonight! Looks awesome. Thanks PopCap, and Astraware! Will spread the word!
05-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Send a message via MSN to GHRocker08 Send a message via Yahoo to GHRocker08
I wish they would do Insaniquarium I loved that game. This works too but I wonder why it's not listed under 4th and Battery, rather it's listed under PopCap when I click the iTunes link =O