App description:
"iQuarterback 2 is definitely a lot of fun." - TouchArcade

"The touch controls are perfect." - BazookaTime

"Totally worth downloading." - AggieDeals

Visit us on www.facebook.com/iQuarterbackapp

iQuarterback 2 lets you take your football career to a whole new level. Whether youre throwing footballs in the snow at moving targets or trying to power-up to achieve the highest score.

With the all new Fame, you will have more control over the outcome and look of the game than ever before. Unlock interesting items like mascot heads, snow balls and different environments, such as an air hockey table. Level up your quarterback in two different game play modes, Shoot Out or Accuracy, and see how you stack up against the best of the best.

Battle between your friends through the Game Center achievements and high scores. An online connection is needed for achievements and high scores.

If you need to get our attention, email us at support@fuzzycubesoftware.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

05-18-2011, 08:51 AM
I received a code for this a couple days ago and it is an excellent game. I did not find the ads intrusive but I will pay to remove them to support the Devs. I think it is $2.99 to remove them?

05-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I received a code for this a couple days ago and it is an excellent game. I did not find the ads intrusive but I will pay to remove them to support the Devs. I think it is $2.99 to remove them?
Is that the only IAP though? The "Gear Store" sounds a little ominous. Game looks good though, otherwise; is it a flicker?
05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Is that the only IAP though? The "Gear Store" sounds a little ominous. Game looks good though, otherwise; is it a flicker?
The gear store is where you can remove the bottom ads or buy fame. I see no reason to buy fame unless you want to level up faster but maybe I am missing something.

With each play you earn experience points and level up your player. At certain levels you are able to equip different gear and or balls. I am guessing there may be some items that are hard to get or there would be no need to buy anything with real money.

Control is not flick based but touch. You simply touch where you want the ball to go, so if it is a moving target, you would have to touch where you think the target will be when your ball arrives. This control setup works very well and since the game can be tried for free, it is worth a shot.

I have encountered one bug that I can reproduce every time. If I go into the gear store and then flip my iPad around, the ads reverse sides and the score board/field end up being upside down.
05-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Its live in all of the Appstores!!! Woohoo!!!

Last edited by Drjest; 05-18-2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: l2type
05-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Link not working for me. I'll just have to check for it in the morning. Tired I am........................

•••Spoiler:  You won't find me on the leaderboards.
05-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Thank you for putting out a wonderful game I can enjoy on my iPad 2 - that too, for free. Here is my initial list of positives and negatives:

+ Great (and clean) visuals
+ Animations are good (not great, not bad, not mediocre either - but a step ahead)
+ Passing mechanism does its job well - dragging and releasing

- Poor hit detection on the targets - I've gotten good hits several times, only to see them not count and thus, break my streak

- The targets are a bit dull / boring. Would love to have had cardboard recievers (similar to Flick Kick Football by PikPok) in different stances (for example, the ones in front would have a normal standing cutout - mid recievers might have their arms stretched out for the catch and, the ones far back could be in the middle of a dive).

- Animations are good, but need to be a bit more beefed up and/or polished

Suggestions/Ideas
~ Instead of the targets disappearing after they are hit, how about they just 'rest back' in the declined position until they disappear (are wheeled away) off the screen?
~ The power ups need a bit more pizzazz - the bomb effect needs some oomph, for example
~ Flick passing - using the same mechanism in PikPok's games, would make this game amazing if done properly
~ The Shoot Out mode is all I find myself playing. Accuracy doesn't cut it for me - it's a bit boring as compared to the frenetic gameplay style of the Shootout mode.

Overall as of now - 4 out of 5 for me.

Despite the negatives, I am thoroughly enjoying the shoot-out mode.

Cheers

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
05-18-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you are having fun with the game.

Bugs:
I have entered the hit detection bug into our system. That shouldn't be happening.

Suggestions:
Bomb: You are right, we should add some smoke and maybe a little camera shake. Camera shake is iffy because people either love it or hate it.

Crowds: We are thinking about adding crowds to the game that grow as your streak grows. They would start to leave if you trip up and miss.

Receiver Art: Adding receiver art is a great idea. Right now your score is scaled as you get further away from the center of the target. Is your expectation the same when throwing to a receiver? The farther away from the hands, the less the score?

Flick passing in Shoot Out. We tested flick passing a lot and it works for Accuracy mode where the targets aren't moving. In Shoot Out, it made the game a ton harder to play. We even tried out slingshot controls, which worked for non-moving targets but not for moving. That left us with having to choose between different controls per mode or make them unified. We choose unified in order to make the game more about choice and reaction versus adding another dexterity component.

Suggestions and Feedback are always welcome and appreciated. If some piece of head gear comes to mind that you think should be in the game, lets hear about it. You never know what can appear in a future update. Same goes for things to throw.

-Jeff
Drjest on Gamecenter
05-19-2011, 01:15 AM
Is there any gameplay video of the game?

And is it coming to the iPhone?

Last edited by arta; 05-19-2011 at 07:41 AM.
05-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Yes an iPhone version is in development. Will be a Universal App so we can share GameCenter leaderboards and your Fame / Level will carry across as well. (We dislike it when you lose progress just because you switched devices)

We haven't taken any video of the game. Any fans want to post a video? Tell us your favorite combo.