Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Default Bottle Cap Blitz - (by Big Pixel Studios)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-12-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 07:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Another one to get tonight! A big haul tonight for me!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:50 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Great game ruined. See below.

Last edited by Gabrien; 04-11-2013 at 12:59 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Didn't realize that these are the same developers that made Piyo, off the leash, and land a panda, plus Gabrien seal of approval, consider me sold, lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

So it's like fruit ninja but with bottle caps ?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Bad news I'm afraid: some way into the game you unlock "boosts." These add significant advantages when used, and - you guessed it - can be purchased for real money. The amount of currency you earn in-game will only allow you to use them sparingly and occasionally, but open up your pockets and hop right into the fast lane to leaderboard rank glory with the dev's blessing.

Sickening, and way to ruin a great game.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:56 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Bad news I'm afraid: some way into the game you unlock "boosts." These add significant advantages when used, and - you guessed it - can be purchased for real money. The amount of currency you earn in-game will only allow you to use them sparingly and occasionally, but open up your pockets and hop right into the fast lane to leaderboard rank glory with the dev's blessing.

Sickening, and way to ruin a great game.
Damnit... damnit damnit damnit.

Well... thanks for the impressions. I had just heard this was from Big Pixel Studios (no clue why I didn't know before now... sorry, like I've said quite a few times - I'm slow like that), and got all sorts of excited. Games like Land-A-Panda, Meow Meow Happy Fight and Piyo Blocks are still on my iDevices to this day. =o/
Old 04-12-2013, 07:28 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Damnit... damnit damnit damnit.

Well... thanks for the impressions. I had just heard this was from Big Pixel Studios (no clue why I didn't know before now... sorry, like I've said quite a few times - I'm slow like that), and got all sorts of excited. Games like Land-A-Panda, Meow Meow Happy Fight and Piyo Blocks are still on my iDevices to this day. =o/
Don't fret. Any minute now someone is bound to jump in to proclaim that I'm exaggerating and it's not as bad as all that. Or perhaps that the leaderboards don't matter. (You'll naturally find this same person in a different thread bitching about lack of Gamecenter.) Reality is whatever suits us most at the time, did you know?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Don't fret. Any minute now someone is bound to jump in to proclaim that I'm exaggerating and it's not as bad as all that. Or perhaps that the leaderboards don't matter. (You'll naturally find this same person in a different thread bitching about lack of Gamecenter.) Reality is whatever suits us most at the time, did you know?
=oP

Even so - I hate when leaderboard positions can be bought. Yes, you might have to throw down $10 on the game if you want to hit the #1 spot for a couple hours, and yes, not many people would do that - but yes, there are more people than you would think who have those IAP 'hacking' apps and can get as many IAP items as they want without giving a dime towards the devs, and there's no denying that even without the 'pirates' consumable IAP items that help you climb up the leaderboards have a pretty big impact on a game's balancing and 'fairness'

Or maybe it's just too early for me to formulate a cohesive thought, and I'm just rambling on...
Old 04-12-2013, 07:46 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
=oP

Even so - I hate when leaderboard positions can be bought. Yes, you might have to throw down $10 on the game if you want to hit the #1 spot for a couple hours, and yes, not many people would do that - but yes, there are more people than you would think who have those IAP 'hacking' apps and can get as many IAP items as they want without giving a dime towards the devs, and there's no denying that even without the 'pirates' consumable IAP items that help you climb up the leaderboards have a pretty big impact on a game's balancing and 'fairness'

Or maybe it's just too early for me to formulate a cohesive thought, and I'm just rambling on...
We're all just rambling on. Reality is, I enjoyed the heck out of this for a half hour, then deleted, changed rating to one star, moved on. The shame's in seeing good developers sell their souls and integrity, but nothing we can do about that. And there are much bigger things in this world to worry about, after all.