Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozak View Post
That's pretty much the same statement
No it isn't. Your obtusement is growing more tiresome with every post.

To clarify for other trolls: I'm not comparing this game with any Mario titles. In fact, one of the things I like about the game is that it's not trying to be Mario. It has its own flavor and gameplay, which I very much appreciate.

As to the length of the levels, the only way they can be completed in under a minute is if you actually choose not to play the game. The point of a Storm in a Teacup level is not to reach the end of it. I would think that that would be obvious to anyone who played the game, but I guess I am wrong about that. It is, of course, your right to play the game any way you want, but choosing to play it stupidly kind of disqualifies your opinion of it.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:19 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
go cry more

beeing so easily satisfied doesn't help the gaming progres on the iphone.

maybe 30 seconds was a lil too fast for some but it doesn't get more then a minute - each level. So that's still 40 minutes wich is pretty unacceptable in my book.

Cool for you bro you can play doodle jump games for 10hrs straight on, I prefer some more quality on my iphone. Therefore I kinda expect higher quallity games. Stating this game is the best platformer surpassing mario/sonic is a whole new level of trolling. It's like the troll is ugly, but his taste is way beyond that.

go figure
umm... pretty sure people are meaning one of the best platformers for iOS not for any platform ever... not sure where you got that from?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:47 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

I am changing the topic of this conversation to actual elements of the game. As far a story (or lack thereof) goes, I'd love to see a "Diary of Cloud" that gets updated every couple levels or so chronicling Cloud's thoughts as he takes Storm through the various worlds.

Also, I haven't heard the soundtrack to this game, but I'm listening to my own music instead. Just saying, A Fine Frenzy is a PERFECT soundtrack while playing.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:19 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Oh yeah, is Crystal not working for anyone else?
Old 05-22-2011, 06:23 PM

Well, I think it's a great game, and pretty much a must have. It's obviously not the greatest platformer ever, but it's a very good one. The challenge lies in trying to get through each level collecting all the sugar cubes and the stickers without losing a life to record a time. This simply cannot be done in just 40 minutes total gameplay

I've completed all the levels (with multiple tries on some), but only managed seven or eight where a time has been recorded. I think I'd prefer it if the achievements could be done separately (League of Evil style) since getting through a level without losing a life takes some doing on the later stages (never mind trying to pick up all the items too).

It's cute, fun, the controls are great (could do with slightly bigger buttons, maybe) and the floating/jumping mechanic feels right. There's the odd lag at times, but nothing too major. I'm enjoying it, and it was well worth my 0.79.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:30 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

man, some of those damn stickers are hard as hell to find/reach, especially in the boat levels! i LOVE this game! great visuals and gameplay and super addictive
Old 05-22-2011, 08:37 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom132 View Post
Oh yeah, is Crystal not working for anyone else?
not working here also...
Old 05-22-2011, 08:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

O.K. Prozak you made your statement. You don't like the game and thats fine and I respect that but just because your not fond of it doesn't mean everyone else is going to agree with your opinion. It's like your trying to convince people to agree with your statement and not everyone is going to wether you like it or not. It may not be the best platform but it sure as hell is FAR from being the worst. Also nobody here ever said this was better than Mario/Sonic. Like someone else said, where the hell did that come from?
Old 05-22-2011, 09:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
go cry more

beeing so easily satisfied doesn't help the gaming progres on the iphone.

maybe 30 seconds was a lil too fast for some but it doesn't get more then a minute - each level. So that's still 40 minutes wich is pretty unacceptable in my book.

Cool for you bro you can play doodle jump games for 10hrs straight on, I prefer some more quality on my iphone. Therefore I kinda expect higher quallity games. Stating this game is the best platformer surpassing mario/sonic is a whole new level of trolling. It's like the troll is ugly, but his taste is way beyond that.

go figure
I'm not particularly easily satisfied, I just don't tend to spend excessive amounts of time in topics for games I don't enjoy for no reason other than to argue about it and belittle people. That's just pathetic.

I don't like Doodle Jump either, can't stand it. The fact you're trying to win this ridiculous argument by pulling random lies from thin air just goes to show how weak your excuses really are. You just come across as a rather boring and uneducated gamer, totally limited in the scope of what you find enjoyable, missing out on the fun other people are experiencing and growing more and more bitter as a result of it. A good number of people here like Storm In A Teacup and if you can't get over it then perhaps you're the one who needs to go cry more.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:42 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Playing on Ipad2, this game is pure joy. Really excellent fun, The inertia is perfect, takes approx1-2 minutes to get used to it, but once it clicks, combined with the clever jump mechanic really makes completing/exploring a level loads of fun. The graphics are great, but we can all see that from the vids that have been shown.
Best compliment I can say is that when you are trying to get that particularly difficult jump to grab that sticker, I can feel myself leaning (even though there are obviously no tilt controls) to try to grab for that edge!

Very well done and can highly recommend for people who like fun!