Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Looks great, but I wonder how it controls exactly. I mean, you have your left and right button, sure. But then the other button appears to be a boost button. But what direction does it boost you in. It can't boost you both side to side and up. and there is no directional up arrow. Those who get it earlier let us know. Im sure the devs have it figured out though. Gonna be a buy for sure for me.
Watching the video again it seems to act as a 'boost' button. Eg tap it and you'll go up and down (so like a jump), keep your finger on it and you'll start to float up. Theres a section where hes 'flying' through the middle of the screen instead of up/down/up/down. So i reckon it might be press right and lightly press the boost button.

Could be like the controls of a classic game called 'Thrust' many years ago.

Roll on 12am GMT !
Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Watching the video again it seems to act as a 'boost' button. Eg tap it and you'll go up and down (so like a jump), keep your finger on it and you'll start to float up. Theres a section where hes 'flying' through the middle of the screen instead of up/down/up/down. So i reckon it might be press right and lightly press the boost button.

Could be like the controls of a classic game called 'Thrust' many years ago.

Roll on 12am GMT !
Sounds about what I was thinking. How intuitive it is can only be said when it is in my hand. Looking forward to this with much anticipation.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Absolutely love the art style on this one. Game looks great too. Definitely getting it.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:52 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Looks great, but I wonder how it controls exactly. I mean, you have your left and right button, sure. But then the other button appears to be a boost button. But what direction does it boost you in. It can't boost you both side to side and up. and there is no directional up arrow. Those who get it earlier let us know. Im sure the devs have it figured out though. Gonna be a buy for sure for me.
The button acts as a levitation thruster control, in a sense. It allows Storm to float, for how high and for how long depends upon using the button in the right way.

Once you are floating, you can move Storm left or right using the directional arrows of course.

Last edited by bardseycelt; 05-18-2011 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-18-2011, 11:24 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

this game looks fantastic!!!!!!! Its a must buy.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Quite seriously, outstanding. This just had me glued to the screen for about the last hour. Controls are spot on, but the boost may not be what people expect. It's a bit hard to explain, but it is very limited, and only good for 2 plus a very weak 3rd boost before you have to land. You need to learn to use it together with your initial velocity in order to gain optimal results. In practice this works wonderfully, adding a whole other layer of both challenge and depth. I can envisage some head-scratching at first though, before the penny drops: stick with it.

Actually somewhat reluctant to try Bumpy Road now; this is going to be such a hard act to follow.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I agree with you there, Gab.
Something about the jump is kinda hard to get used to at first, but after completing the first world it seemed alot easier.. Just slightly different from other games typical Jump system.. Seems kinda like when you jump and your games lagging.. It goes slower than your used to, and not as high as you'd expect, BUT if it went any higher it'd be too easy, so it makes it good for a challenge.
Finished the first and second world but now I think I'll try to have a sleep and investigate the rest tommorow
So far so good, the 1.19 pricetag is crazily cheap specially for universal.
Prefer playing on my iPad , but it plays well on the iPhone too..
Storm himself could do with a bit more polish,
The game starts a little slow, the first 5 levels are very basic but once you get through them the game really starts to begin,
So far the boat levels are my favorite,
Graphics are cute and the colors are gorgeous!
5/5 stars rating from me!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Alright then, this and bumpy road on my wishlisted to buy soon.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:41 PM

need to see an actual video of someone playing, nto sure how the controls will work. Looks interesting though
Old 05-18-2011, 01:46 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
need to see an actual video of someone playing, nto sure how the controls will work. Looks interesting though
Here you go

Youtube link | Pop Up