★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Really Obscure Games Launches Angry Hipsters

05-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Really Obscure Games Launches Angry Hipsters

May 18, 2010

Because watching movies is more fun than reading, here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1solRGwhMg

Hitting the app-store today, launch Angry Hipsters at their cultural stereotypes to defeat all that is mainstream. Throw on your favorite vintage v-neck tee and navigate through all 60 levels. You might even find a few bonus ones along the way.

Familiar gameplay makes Angry Hipsters easy for everyone to pick up and play.

Music Discovery provided by The Hype Machine. The most respected service that any self-respecting hipster has on play 24/7.

Features
-6 Stages
-3 Backgrounds
-60 levels
-10 bonus levels
-4 different hipsters
-Over 300 lines of dialogue
-Integrated Hype Machine music discovery

Thanks,

If you have any questions, get in touch with us:

more info http://angryhipsters.com

email info@angryhipsters.com

twitter @AngryHipsters

Last edited by colintulloch; 05-21-2011 at 10:17 PM.
05-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Hey Guys,

Over at Really Obscure Games we are currently working on an update for our new game, Angry Hipsters. Our update will consist of a few bug fixes but we are also looking for some input from this community. If you any of you haven't checked out the game yet here is the link. (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-hipsters/id437173922?mt=8&ls=1)

Also if you are wanted to submit a review of our game, either on the forum or your personal blog, check out this post and grab a promocode from us.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=94669

I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers,

DaveT

Really Obscure Games

05-21-2011, 09:25 PM
^^^ What he said, we'd love to get some of the feedbacks ! What do you guys think?
05-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Looks decent, visually. It's obviously riding on Angry Birds' coattails (probably not as obscure as you could have been ), but if it performs well and provides new level layouts then why not? It could be fun. I've promised myself not to spend any more money on the App Store this week, but I'll keep it in mind for when I'm back in the game

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks MidianGTX.

Give us some more input when your app store budget kicks back in. What is this angry birds game everyone is talking about though?
05-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colintulloch View Post
^^^ What he said, we'd love to get some of the feedbacks ! What do you guys think?
I think it's the same old attempt to cash in on someone else's success, only this time accompanied by an attempt to justify it through a (possibly) humorous stylistic angle. I think it is still fairly pathetic. I think if you guys have any talent or serious aspirations you should come up with your own ideas. That's what I think.
05-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Features
-6 Stages
-3 Backgrounds
-60 levels
-10 bonus levels
-10 bonus levels

-4 different hipsters
-Over 500 lines of dialouge
-Integrated Hype Machine music discovery
Is that two separate sets of 10 bonus levels or just a typo?
05-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks Gabrien, we love the game mechanic, and after Angry Birds X-mas, St. Patricks day, Seasons, and Rio, well, we just got tired of birds ;D.
05-21-2011, 10:18 PM
A typo, one of several no doubt, fixed thanks ;D.
05-21-2011, 10:31 PM
I am a fan of these types of games when done right and I think this game is very good.

Play mechanics are the standard pull back and launch but I appreciate the characters and environment as it is a nice change from the other copy cats. Gameplay is great and I have not run into any issues, the sounds are a nice fit as well.

Graphics are a mix but they fit th game environment. Worth a buck.