★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket God 1.39 - Challenge of the Gods!

05-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Pocket God 1.39 - Challenge of the Gods!

This update celebrates the past two and a half years of Pocket God. We added the icon from every past episode and added challenges that you can find in order to unlock a god idol that represents that episode.

Just the first part of creating 39 unique god idols was a tremendous amount of work. We have a Tiger Blood Charlie idol, a Double Rainbow Kitty idol, a Ronnie James Dio Demon idol for the runs and many more. they look awesome and we will be expanding their role in the Pocket God universe.

Although some episodes have a small list of challenges, especially early on when there wasn't much to do, some challenges have up to 20 unlockable items in them. For a Pocket God pro it won't be too hard to get through most of them, but I guarantee some will be a challenge to find. Even after you unlock the Idol, there is a level up mechanic where you can keep doing sacrifices or getting high scores in mini games to make that idol stronger. This is in anticipation of episode 40 which will contain a battle game that you can use your powered up idols for. BTW, the level ups go easy at first but much harder as you go on, we don't intend that you will have to completely level up your idols in this manner, the battles themselves will also offer experience that you can use for leveling up as well.

Each idol has 2 attributes. Its attack type and realm. The attack types are Strong, Fast, and Counter. Counter is a defensive attack and these will work kind of like rock paper scissors in the battle game. The realm is more like the location that the idol lives in.

Oceanus - land of water
Aeris - land of air and weather
Infernis - earth and the underworld
Animus - land of power, most of the boss monsters live here
Pax - land of zen, peace and enlightenment

Oceanus, Aeris, and Infernis are the lower realms, while the most powerful gods live in Animus and Pax. Just like the new God Idols, these locations will start making more appearances in the Pocket God Universe as well. Maybe we will add them as dream islands in the future.

There are also two creator god's the first one is named Annal and is the god of episode 39 and the ruler of Pax. The second creator god will be making an appearance in episode 40.

Moving forward we will be adding a new god for every episode along with it's idol, challenges, and episode icon. We also want to add the gods from the facebook sacrifices to the game. hopefully we have time to add these to the next episode. Some of these gods like the Venus Fly Trap god and the new Mushroom god are pretty awesome.

Also in this update is the God Island. this is a temple located near the volcano and had an appearance at the end of issue 1 of the comic. On this island, you have 4 pedestals and a temple door. Once you have 4 god idols unlocked, you can place them on the pedestal to open the door which leads to the battle arena. Right now it's just a cool comic soon location, but we will be swapping it with the battle arena art in the next update.

You can also trap the Pygmies in the pedestal and make them scream a song. Just place them in the pedestals and then play it like a piano. it's pretty fun and we have wanted to add something like this for a long time.

please let me know what you think. We're pretty proud of the update and can't wait to finish the next one.

Youtube link | Pop Up

edit: forgot to mention that we asked one of my favorite manga artists in the world, Junko Mizuno, to do a episode poster for us this update.

Last edited by davecazz; 05-18-2011 at 07:42 PM.
05-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Awesome!!!! added the icon from every past episode?

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo

05-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Awesome!!!! added the icon from every past episode?
and a couple new one too, it seems. (ex episode 2 "does this megabyte make my app look fat" has a new icon of a fat pygmy when before there was no new icon at all.)

this new update is pretty cool, i like how it encourages you to use every single feature in the game and it makes you appreciate how much work was put into it.

nice update!

Playing: Chopper 2, Pocket God, Minigore, Battle Bears-1, Doodle Jump, Tilt to Live, SuperMega Worm
Plus+: J3553 | Feint: J3553H | Crystal: J3553 | Gameloft Live: J3553
05-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5jusername View Post
and a couple new one too, it seems. (ex episode 2 "does this megabyte make my app look fat" has a new icon of a fat pygmy when before there was no new icon at all.)

this new update is pretty cool, i like how it encourages you to use every single feature in the game and it makes you appreciate how much work was put into it.

nice update!
I don't understand what this means. You can change the icon or they are all just listed somewhere within the app? So wish i was not waiting for an idevice and could be playing right now.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Just wanted to say the update is STUNNING!!!! I really like that there is a point now. Although there are three things that I can't find even after searching and searching and searching. The one with Charlie where the hint is your dieing out there and the one with the lightning where the hint is make a splash and flash and finally I cannot seem to find the in fish objective with the hint being in your face. I must be so clueless

Last edited by Jakerocksalot16; 05-18-2011 at 08:47 PM.
05-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakerocksalot16 View Post
Just wanted to say the update is STUNNING!!!! I really like that there is a point now. Although there are three things that I can't find even after searching and searching and searching. The one with Charlie where the hint is your dieing out there and the one with the lightning where the hint is make a splash and flash and finally I cannot seem to find the in fish objective with the hint being in your face. I must be so clueless
I don't know about the lightning one but I do know the other two. For the Charlie hint you have to wait until he says "dying is for fools". For the fish hint just hit a Pygmy with a fish.

#1 apps: Pocket God and Pocket God: Journey To Uranus
Happily beta testing Pocket God and Pocket God: Journey to Uranus with Allan, Dave and other people of Bolt Creative.
05-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey Dave is there a level cap to the idols or no
05-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartman294 View Post
Hey Dave is there a level cap to the idols or no
Yea the cap is 20. It should be incredibly hard to get there by grinding. But let me know if any can be leveled faster than others.

The idea is you should be able to level to 5 with some time. But you would have to be super hard core to get past 10. The battles are meant to level up from 5 to 20
05-18-2011, 09:32 PM
Btw, how much time does it take to unlock everything?
05-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
I don't understand what this means. You can change the icon or they are all just listed somewhere within the app? So wish i was not waiting for an idevice and could be playing right now.
Dave?
Congrats on getting this awesome update out. Should bring back memories for those who have been with the game for a while ( i got it at crack is whack).