★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hello everyone

05-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Hello everyone

I just signed up and wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

My friend and I started MoxyLava to try and get out from under the thumb of The Man. Our goal is to make fun games at the highest level of quality that we can manage.

I am not trying to market a bunch of crap so I'll stop there. I just want to make a living doing cool stuff that people dig. What's not to love about that?

Hello everyone and good day!

Regards,

MoxyDave
www.MoxyLava.com
05-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Hello Dave, I'm also new here and glad to meet you!

05-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Welcome to The Combat Zone!
Pick up your Flak Jacket and your Hand Grenades out by the back shed. Keep an eye out for ol' Willie who'll hand off your supplies, he might try to get a little.. "friendly." Just don't make eye contact for more than 2-3 seconds and you'll be good.

As for your app, make sure to make a game that features the following:

Physics, to kill things
Round, unlimbed (or stubby-limbed) avian in the icon
Some manner of collecting no less than 1 star per level, and no more than 3
The Undead
Unreal Engine! (sigh, not even in jest)
In-App Retina Game Universal Center Display CrystalAgonFeints Purchases
Boobies

Now watch out for those shells!! HOLLA!
05-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Retina is no joke! I won't turn down a game for being non-retina, but it does have the power to lure me into an app I wouldn't usually have bought. Like 180

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Retina is no joke! I won't turn down a game for being non-retina, but it does have the power to lure me into an app I wouldn't usually have bought.
There's more than a couple of people out there who are vocal about the fact that they refuse to buy apps not designed with Retina Display. I love it when they say that this is intended to "punish" the developers :/
05-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Seriously, I won't buy a game unless it has boobies in it. Retina boobies.

Oh No! There's Cow Trouble!
05-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Welcome and be warned , this forum can become very addictive!

My Twitter:@Tudor
05-19-2011, 10:07 AM
I am also in the same boat as you. Been reading the forums and so far addicted. I'm learning quite a bit from a developers standpoint on what players want.
05-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Welcome amigo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
There's more than a couple of people out there who are vocal about the fact that they refuse to buy apps not designed with Retina Display. I love it when they say that this is intended to "punish" the developers :/
I wouldn't say I wouldn't buy a non-retina app, but I would more than likely critique its other features more finely.

I mean from a developer's standpoint, there really isn't a good reason to not support retina graphics, as it doesn't take much of an effort to implement(even going the OpenGL route like I am). The only somewhat reasonable excuse is if you're trying to keep your binary <= 20MB, but i would rather support retina with a larger binary that a user can still download over wifi.
05-19-2011, 11:54 AM
I think part of the problem is we're still seeing games being released of which the artwork was completed mid-2010. Anyway as I said, I'll buy non-retina game, but I'm more likely to buy a game I'm not usually interested in if it happens to be supremely good-looking

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ