★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: HIGHLIGHTS:
Universal Game
Simple Tilt(IPhone 4, IPod with gyro and IPad2) and Digital Controls
Gamecenter Support
Achievements
Unlockables
Quick Rounds
Daily Randomized Levels
Retina Display Support
Colorful 3D Graphics

SUMMARY:
Welcome to Bruces world! Bruce is a cute little turtle who loves cabbage! One day while playing with one of his cabbages, he accidentally knocked it off the edge of a cliff. Distraught and worried for the cabbage, Bruce peered over the edge to discover a vast amount of cabbages scattered between the walls of two mountains! Delighted at the sight, Bruce immediately jumped down after the cabbages without any fear! Can you help him harvest as many cabbages as you can before the clock reaches zero?

Bruce is a simple pick-up-and-play style game for all ages. With simple gameplay, short rounds, richly colored 3D graphics, loads of collectible hats, and new, randomly generated levels each day, not to mention its a tremendous value, Bruce is sure to offer hours upon hours of replay value!

REVIEWS:
"For such a fun and complete package, Nine Over Ten 9/10 awards Bruce with a 4 out of 5 rating, and it certainly deserves to be checked out." -NineOverTen

"Overall, Bruce is simple and entertaining game... Its a relief to see a new game without angry animals, namely birds, in it." -AppAdvice

HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS
The current platforms that Bruce is known to be supported on without any stability issues are:

iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch 4th Generation
iPod Touch 3rd Generation
iPad 2nd Generation
iPad 1st Generation

Be sure to follow Fervent Interactive on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/ferventinteractive

Twitter (@FerventGames)

Also, check out our website for up-to-the-date news on the happenings at Fervent Interactive!
http://www.ferventinteractive.com/

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

05-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Actually like the look of this. Looks like a fast 'Toobin' type game. Dont normally like these vertical falling type games but this one seems to have a good chunk of variety

Buying it now

05-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Thank you for the purchase!

I hope you are enjoying the game. We are very interested in any feedback we can get. We have had our head down in development of the game and sometimes it is quite difficult to get an objective opinion.

We are interested in what people might want for the first update as well as any changes that would make the game more fun!

Thanks again

Justin
Developer
1/2 of Fervent Interactive

Last edited by FerventInteractive; 05-25-2011 at 01:09 PM.
05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Looks like a quality game containing plenty of value for the price.

I wonder though - am I alone in being somewhat turned off by such an (over-) saturated color palette? The artwork and textures all look GREAT but it's just the eye-bleeding neons that scare me.
05-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COHagan23 View Post
Looks like a quality game containing plenty of value for the price.

I wonder though - am I alone in being somewhat turned off by such an (over-) saturated color palette? The artwork and textures all look GREAT but it's just the eye-bleeding neons that scare me.
Thanks for your feedback COHagan23!

This is the artist of the project, Baback Moussavi, taking over for this question. You know, it's funny you said that. We were having a hard time coming up with the right look for this game. It was my biggest fear that players would get lost in the background while playing because of all the very vivid colors. Yet, the earlier versions weren't as colorful and they felt flat and bland. People in general didn't seem to like it.

I guess the only suggestion I can make is to try the game out. If you really don't feel like spending the $1 on the game, I totally understand. Maybe later, and Justin might kill me for saying this, I can shoot you a promo code so you can try the game out and see if you like it.

I think that once you give the game a shot, you may not think the vivid colors will get in the way. Maybe I'm too close to the project, but my eyes rarely get taken off-focus from the foreground elements. Though, I do realize that not everyone will have the same play experience as me! So, I'm completely open to suggestions, criticisms, etc.

If I start getting a lot of complaints related to the overly-saturated colors of the game, you can be guaranteed we'll make the necessary adjustments to tone things down a bit.

I thought I'd throw this in here too. Check out this comparison shot of an early build of Bruce versus the finished version. It's always fun to look back at this kind of stuff!

http://bmoussavi.com/bruce/BruceComparison05252011.png

How hot is that first image on the left?

Baback
Artist
The other half of Fervent Interactive
05-25-2011, 02:51 PM
It's cool to see some 3d graphics in a non-blockbuster game, nice work.
05-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerventInteractive View Post
Thanks for your feedback COHagan23!

This is the artist of the project, Baback Moussavi, taking over for this question. You know, it's funny you said that. We were having a hard time coming up with the right look for this game. It was my biggest fear that players would get lost in the background while playing because of all the very vivid colors. Yet, the earlier versions weren't as colorful and they felt flat and bland. People in general didn't seem to like it.

I guess the only suggestion I can make is to try the game out. If you really don't feel like spending the $1 on the game, I totally understand. Maybe later, and Justin might kill me for saying this, I can shoot you a promo code so you can try the game out and see if you like it.

I think that once you give the game a shot, you may not think the vivid colors will get in the way. Maybe I'm too close to the project, but my eyes rarely get taken off-focus from the foreground elements. Though, I do realize that not everyone will have the same play experience as me! So, I'm completely open to suggestions, criticisms, etc.

If I start getting a lot of complaints related to the overly-saturated colors of the game, you can be guaranteed we'll make the necessary adjustments to tone things down a bit.

I thought I'd throw this in here too. Check out this comparison shot of an early build of Bruce versus the finished version. It's always fun to look back at this kind of stuff!

http://bmoussavi.com/bruce/BruceComparison05252011.png

How hot is that first image on the left?

Baback
Artist
The other half of Fervent Interactive
That's pretty cool, showing us an early debug build of your game! I actually really like the textures and palette you used on the platforms in that version. It appears to contrast well with the brighter Bruce character too. But hey, color is truly a matter of taste and there is no right or wrong answer just different people's preferences. And those preferences definitely change over time. Just think of the awful color combinations we dressed ourselves in during the 1980's.
05-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COHagan23 View Post
Just think of the awful color combinations we dressed ourselves in during the 1980's.
Hahah, isn't that the truth? I can't remember what was worse, the 80s or early 90s? I remember the early 90s being VERY loud. Think...Saved by the Bell intro. Remember those slap-on wristbands, too? Bright pink fannie packs? Yikes!

Anyway, we really hope the saturated colors don't turn you off to the game. Again, we'll be monitoring people's comments about the game. If it becomes a problem for many, we'll be sure to make the necessary adjustments.

Something to bear in mind: we'll eventually be adding new level themes (completely different skins and obstacles, etc), new hats, etc. So, who knows, maybe one of the future themes might tickle your fancy a bit more!

I'd have to say that some of our biggest influences behind the art style of this game were games like Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario World/The New Super Mario Bros, etc. Vivid colors...almost candy-like that made you want to eat the screen.
05-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosyheisy View Post
3d graphics? This kind of game is amusing. Is't hard to control?
Hey there, Rosyheisy!

The controls are quite simple! There are two arrows, one on each side of the screen. It's best to hold your device like a video game controller and use your thumbs to tap the arrows left to move left or right to move right.

One quick note, though: Bruce is currently optimized for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generation, iPad 1 and 2. I saw under your profile name that you have an iPod Touch 1st generation. Bruce may not run very well, if at all, on the iPod Touch 1st generation.

We at Fervent Interactive would almost rather you not buy Bruce than buy it without knowing that it won't work on older iOS devices. We just don't want to see you get frustrated and have your gaming experience ruined!

Now, with that being said, we're currently working hard to further optimize Bruce for older iOS devices. At the same time, we're also optimizing to get the game below the 20mb download mark so you don't have to use WiFi to purchase and play our game.

Keep your eyes peeled in the near future for our first update. We hope to get several optimizations as well as some control adjustments (new control modes for those who prefer tilt or swipe controls)!

If you have any further questions for us, please do not hesitate to ask!
06-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Updated!

We have just updated the app and were able to get it under the 20 meg mark.

We fixed a few bugs, added some flowers and grass to the game....and put in a sneak peak of what is coming at the end of June!

If anyone has any suggestions on improvements we would love to hear them. You can email us from our website at Fervent Interactive

Thanks!