★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pangea Software talks about how much money devs make/ how many copies we buy.

04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Pangea Software talks about how much money devs make/ how many copies we buy.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Very informative. On average if you're in the top 100 you're selling at least 1000 copies a day (he says when Enigmo was on top it was selling 18,000 copies a day.

Folks who STAY in the number 1 spot get $250,000 to $1million in sales.

On the low end devs make $50 to $100 a day.
Decent-good apps that don't make top 100 make $100 to $1000 a day.
04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes, well, if Pangea actually made good games, I'd be happy for them, but I just really wanna toss that guy in a vat of boiling for Engimo alone. Nanosaur, I'd give a vial of Spanish Flu to the entire design team for that!

04-13-2009, 10:31 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Yes, well, if Pangea actually made good games, I'd be happy for them, but I just really wanna toss that guy in a vat of boiling for Engimo alone. Nanosaur, I'd give a vial of Spanish Flu to the entire design team for that!
Well while I don't get the hype about their games myself it was cool of him to give gamers and devs such candid glimpses into the inner workings of the Appstore.
04-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Have you been watching Regenesis?

I am the managing editor of nodpad.com.

Sporting an iPod Touch 2 Gen
04-13-2009, 10:32 PM
enigmo is the only decent game pangea has made for iphone
04-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootbean View Post
Actually, I disagree. I thought that Enigmo was plain and boring, while other games such as Cro-Mag Rally and Nanosaur 2 were much better.
04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootbean View Post
Enigmo wasn't even made for the iPhone. They were just lucky that the port fit well. I bought all their games like a fool when some of them were a dollar. All of their games combined weren't worth $8 so I feel bad for people that paid that for one game. If you're going to port a game, at least change something. I actually take that back a little, Enigmo was worth a dollar but it's too bad that I paid $2 for it
04-13-2009, 10:40 PM
i don't understand all the hate on Pangea...i've had good fun with some of their titles.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
04-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
i don't understand all the hate on Pangea...i've had good fun with some of their titles.
I know, I bet it's because some of their games look like they are more suitable for kids, which isn't true. I found Bugdom 2 extremely fun, and same with Nanosaur 2.

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades
04-13-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't think this thread was intended to flame "Pangea" or their software. Not all software will serve the needs of all customers. Since it was selling so well it means that there were people who quite enjoyed it.

My company's upcoming game Sparta: Lords of War is surely going to be criticized for being "too violent" and that it isn't family friendly.

I believe I read that Enigmo earned him $1,500,000 and that is a fair bit of change. I just don't understand why he went out of his way to give away that information.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |