★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Has anyone else found their non game salad game on gamesalad?

05-20-2011, 04:40 AM
#1
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Has anyone else found their non game salad game on gamesalad?

It seems a bit like they're making it seem like games that are not made with gamesalad are made with gamesalad.

They're also scouring other game forums, cutting and pasting the posts and putting them on their own forums making out they're posted by members.


has anyone else found this happening to them?
05-22-2011, 02:28 AM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadwench View Post
It seems a bit like they're making it seem like games that are not made with gamesalad are made with gamesalad.

They're also scouring other game forums, cutting and pasting the posts and putting them on their own forums making out they're posted by members.


has anyone else found this happening to them?
I'd be very interested in seeing evidence to back up these claims.

06-29-2011, 06:55 AM
#3
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtHere View Post
I'd be very interested in seeing evidence to back up these claims.
Go through their forums, it not hard to spot shit you will recognise that has been copy and pasted from here.
06-29-2011, 07:33 AM
#4
LodsysGate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadwench View Post
Go through their forums, it not hard to spot shit you will recognise that has been copy and pasted from here.
Surely this is another LodsysGate?
IF true this is total stealing of UM a persons game property
06-29-2011, 07:46 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Well, I don't think I'd say it is stealing. They didn't exactly take the game.
It was pretty odd that I found the game on there and it seemed to be very strongly suggesting it was made with gamesalad, without outright saying it was.

I don't think it's stealing when they cut and paste from other forums but the way they do it is very dishonest.

I emailed them and had a bit of a growl and recieved an apology in reply and the woman claimed she'd look into it but haven't heard anything since. They deleted everything to do with the game straight away.

It's all a bit strange.
06-29-2011, 08:10 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,674
so its all deleted and since you did not posted there is no proof anymore.. bummer..

i think with such claims a simple link to the specific topic/s would be good..
06-29-2011, 08:38 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Seriously, wtf...
Why in the world would someone make up something like this where is the benefit?

Want the emails?
I am pretty sure I have a screenshot on one of my computers, want it?
Gee wiz, I found something unusual and wanted to see if it's happened with anyone else and get more or less called a liar, what is wrong with you people?
06-29-2011, 08:47 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 120
always back up any claims like this with a link or screenshot to avoid being called a liar. lots of crazy people out there that will say anything to cause drama.

if true, then its just sad.
06-29-2011, 08:49 AM
#9
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadwench View Post
Seriously, wtf...
Why in the world would someone make up something like this where is the benefit?

Want the emails?
I am pretty sure I have a screenshot on one of my computers, want it?
Gee wiz, I found something unusual and wanted to see if it's happened with anyone else and get more or less called a liar, what is wrong with you people?

lol.. why so jumpy.. did i say you lied? they cleaned up very fast.. nothing more nothing less.. so a link to the original thread (when it was avaiable) would have been nice..

why should someone make something up or why should someone copy post from a different forum to theirs.. whats the benefit?

next time snap a screenie..

as for the game salad forums.. since i don't follow them at all i assume they also talk about non game salad game releases etc. and are not exclusiv covering/discussion things game salad?

*shrug*
06-29-2011, 09:11 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 235
Only thing I can think of is they want to pad out their forums and make it look more popular than it is, which would be sad and also rather pointless considering they seem pretty popular as it is. I checked them out because I was hearing all sorts of rave reviews about them.
Screenie is on my work computer, I grabbed one to show my partner before I sent the email incase it was gone (and it was) before he was around.

It's not really harmful to anyone, but it IS extremely weird.

I still want to know if anyone else has come across it anything similar.

They do cover other stuff of course, being a forum.