★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Myst ($4.99 --> $0.99)

05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Myst ($4.99 --> $0.99)

A complete Myst experience at only a dollar... Enough said!

05-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Looks awesome. Just a point and click? Retina?

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
05-20-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't believe this has Retina, simply because the source graphics weren't Retina-sized. The equipment to render this stuff is long gone, so they had to use the old source images from the original game.

Just a point and click, yes, but one of the best, in my opinion. (In my opinion, Myst was only ever surpassed by its sequel, Riven.)

Can't beat the once-phenomenon that was Myst for only a dollar!
05-20-2011, 02:43 PM
What about for iPad?

I heard repeatedly that they were going to release Myst and Riven specifically for the iPad, but that seems to have fallen through. At least I haven't heard anything.

Any idea how the iPhone app looks on an iPad? Is it worthwhile? Or does it look terrible?
05-20-2011, 03:09 PM
There's a free version of Myst that you can try in 2X mode. I don't remember being too bothered by it. And I also beta tested Riven on an iPad at 2X and I thought it was fine. Just don't stick your face in the iPad and you'll be okay. :-P
05-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowgart View Post
I heard repeatedly that they were going to release Myst and Riven specifically for the iPad, but that seems to have fallen through. At least I haven't heard anything.

Any idea how the iPhone app looks on an iPad? Is it worthwhile? Or does it look terrible?
I tried the lite for iPhone...it was a terrible experience...won't purchase it also if it is free.

I love this world!