★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Soccer Manager

04-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Soccer Manager

Hello everyone,

I'm at work right now so can't post the App Store link but I've just seen a great looking new game out called Soccer Manager.

Over here in the UK we call soccer by its proper name of football and I've been waiting for a football management game to come out ever since I got my iPod Touch. Now one is finally here I'll probably check it later tonight but I'd be very interested in first impressions from anyone who buys it in the meantime.

Soccer Manager looks nicely presented with a good looking interface. It also seems to offer a pretty deep level of gameplay. It'll be interesting to see how well it plays and whether it stands up very well against something like Football Manager Handheld 2009 on PSP.

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
04-14-2009, 02:15 AM
yeah saw that this morning. it looks good but hasn't got the license to use proper team names and players. if any one gets it - can you edit team names?

04-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Oh, I didn't realise about the lack of proper team/player names. When I glanced at the screenshots I saw it had Swansea and Norwich in there which are two real teams though I didn't recognise the players' names (mind you, with these being Championship teams I wouldn't know all their players anyway).

I hope it isn't like Real Football 09 with stupid team names like Man Red and London. Fake team and player names would definitely put me off getting this.

One other thing I noticed was that the currency was in US Dollars. I hope it's possible to change this in the game to British Pounds.

Video games and apps reviewed at News Shopper, a newspaper site in London, England. I'm manager of this site, which gets more than 1.4 million page impressions a month. Any devs wanting your games reviewed, please contact me. (I have a US iTunes account)
04-14-2009, 03:03 AM
I'm quite bummed to see it's fake/slightly changed such as swensea and narwich. But I still may get it as it's not that big a deal to me. The big thing is the match engine and the gameplay

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
04-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
04-14-2009, 03:32 AM
Urgh. Maybe it was my excitement at seeing a football management game in the App Store or maybe it was because it was so early in the morning when I saw it, but I didn't notice Swansea and Norwich had been changed to Swensea and Narwich.

What a big disappointment and a major let-down. I think I'll withdraw my earlier eagerness to buy this now.

04-14-2009, 04:11 AM
well i have played manager games on my mobile with fake teams and stuff before and it wasnt too bad. you can still enjoy it as long as the gameplay is good. im thinking of getting this and ill post my impressions if i do.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
04-14-2009, 04:22 AM
I also have a idea of developing a football manager game since there is no similar game in app store. But I think it's not cheap to have real team license. Fake Name maybe the solution. If the game can use hardware feature e.g. multi-touch to control the player should be interesting.

All kind of manager game should be a new direction for developer to study.
04-14-2009, 04:25 AM
http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/20...occer-manager/

I find the screenshot of Soccer Manager.

iTunes link
http://ax.itunes.apple.com/WebObject...mftTC4ZEVpt6FQ

Last edited by shodanng; 04-14-2009 at 04:29 AM.
04-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Soccer Manager

Heres the link.