★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *******A first person perspective defense game with a neat fantasy twist*********
********Search CannonLegend to view remarkable videos on YouTube*********

Millions of villages have been destroyed. People are plunged into misery and suffering. The Scourge sent their evil army attempts to destroy the world.
Fortunately, our wise ancestors made a powerful cannon to fight against the evil force. Now, You, our new hero. Its your time to save our motherland and create a new legend.

Features:
- 3 Unique Worlds Each world has its own theme. You will have a totally different experience in each world.
- 4 Unique Magic Stones You will get a magic stone when you defeat a powerful boss. Each Magic Stone has its own magic power. You can equip it on your cannon and refine your power to a high degree.
- Talent System More than ten properties you can upgrade to make your cannon more powerful.
- Great Replay Value Unlock survival mode for each campaign mission accomplished.
- Game Center Leaderboards Compare your daily, weekly and all-time scores with friends as well as global leaders.
- Full Retina Display and iPad Support
- Fully Animated 3d Characters

***IMPORTANT***
Compatible Devices: Cannon Legend is ONLY compatible with iPod touch 3rd generation (32GB and 64GB models only!), iPod touch 4th generation, iPhone3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2.
(iPod touch 3rd generation 8GB model is not a real 3rd generation device, and Cannon Legend is NOT compatible with it.)

***RECOMMENDED***
FreeAppReport.com Featured App

Rampage's comments:
version 1.1 released
1. Universal App.
2. Fixed GameCenter submit bug.
3. Make additional optimization to improve the performance of 3GS and 3rd gen iTouch

BOSS BATTLE!

SURVIVAL MODE!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Like us: FaceBook
Follow us: Twitter
05-20-2011, 09:34 PM
I believe you mentioned in the upcoming games thread that there was going to be a gameplay video. Is it still coming?

05-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Game Impressions

Whoa, this game is pretty sweet!

It's a first person perspective defense game, a bit like CF Defense but with a neat fantasy twist.

The biggest difference is that you are firing down one these guys in a valley below you (at least in the first area) and your main weapon is lobbing the explosives down at the baddies. As this isn't the fastest cannon in the world, you'll need to carefully plot right where you want the firey ball to land so as to take out the most baddies.

After each wave of baddies are cleared from the area you gain one skill point to spend on any of the available skills or can simply save it up as some of the later skills (or even higher level of earlier ones) can take several skill points to upgrade to. These skills, once accessed, can be used in battle at the cost of mana (not sure if that is continuously recharging in battle or not). The effects of these skills can range from allowing your cannon to fire faster for a brief moment to something like the ability to freeze all opponents on the screen for a brief moment.

The graphics, animations, and sounds are top notch production values and so far I'm loving the variety of baddies I've seen in just the first few waves (the initial grunts couldn't do anything until very close, and then some longer range baddies joined in that could attack your cannon from a good distance...and later still there were some blue baddies that could freeze the cannon in place for a second or two!).

Very cute and, despite what we saw in Dodge Talent, this one has NO IAPS, all skills are just unlocked via the in-game skill points.

The game has a Campaign and Survival mode, I'm not sure if the Survival mode is accessible from the get go or not as I've only played the first three waves of the Campaign so far but ma having a blast with it.

5/5!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the impressions, LordGek. I may have to try this out for myself.

...or wait for a gameplay video.

05-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Edit: removed appinfo since it's in the OP now.
Game looks interesting, waiting to hear more impressions.

Last edited by Royce; 05-21-2011 at 09:58 AM.
05-21-2011, 02:07 AM
After LordGek's glowing review I'm gonna pick this up

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
05-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Any videos?
05-21-2011, 02:35 AM
After playing the first five levels in Campaign mode I have to agree with LG's impressions as I'm too having a blast . This is a very well put together game from the graphics , sound and gameplay everything us top notch . As for the survival mode it is unlocked from the start but only one area out of four as three are locked , I don't know if the others are unlocked by playing the campaign or by the survival mode . As a foot note the app description mentions this is for iPhone 4 , 4th gen iPod and iPad only. Wether this means it won't play at all on older gens or doesn't play as well I don't know .

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
05-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Whoa, this game is pretty sweet!

It's a first person perspective defense game, a bit like CF Defense but with a neat fantasy twist.

The biggest difference is that you are firing down one these guys in a valley below you (at least in the first area) and your main weapon is lobbing the explosives down at the baddies. As this isn't the fastest cannon in the world, you'll need to carefully plot right where you want the firey ball to land so as to take out the most baddies.

After each wave of baddies are cleared from the area you gain one skill point to spend on any of the available skills or can simply save it up as some of the later skills (or even higher level of earlier ones) can take several skill points to upgrade to. These skills, once accessed, can be used in battle at the cost of mana (not sure if that is continuously recharging in battle or not). The effects of these skills can range from allowing your cannon to fire faster for a brief moment to something like the ability to freeze all opponents on the screen for a brief moment.

The graphics, animations, and sounds are top notch production values and so far I'm loving the variety of baddies I've seen in just the first few waves (the initial grunts couldn't do anything until very close, and then some longer range baddies joined in that could attack your cannon from a good distance...and later still there were some blue baddies that could freeze the cannon in place for a second or two!).

Very cute and, despite what we saw in Dodge Talent, this one has NO IAPS, all skills are just unlocked via the in-game skill points.

The game has a Campaign and Survival mode, I'm not sure if the Survival mode is accessible from the get go or not as I've only played the first three waves of the Campaign so far but ma having a blast with it.

5/5!
I will agree 100%! I ended up buying it and I am having a blast! To add the left side of the screen is your movement, kind of like Dead Space. The fire button is on the right and yes you can hold it down. A great game and looking forward to investing more time in this awesome game. Just buy it, you will nit be disappointed. Also to add, LordGek and Howlingwolf are great reviewers and I trust their reviews, thanks guys!

Last edited by sugimulm; 05-21-2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Spelling
05-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
I believe you mentioned in the upcoming games thread that there was going to be a gameplay video. Is it still coming?
Yes, it's in progress and is coming soon.