★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ghost LLC
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: * With over 91,097 players worldwide so far

* #1 TOP KIDS game in France !

* #2 TOP KIDS game in Italy !

* #4 TOP KIDS game in China !

* FEATURED BY APPLE around the world as New and Noteworthy & What We're Playing & What's Hot

Slug the Bugs and punch the buggies! Hear the cars speed past you and immerse yourself in thrilling 360-degree audio. Just don't slug the cops!

Ghost 3D Audio creates an unreal experience that reaches beyond your headphones. You'll get addicted to this simple, yet devilishly fast-paced game.

Watch an entire town spring up as you advance through the game! Rolling hills and mansions complete the cartoon themed city so adorable, you'll want to live there.

Features 3 game modes, including:

Combos Mode: Slug multiple bugs at the same time to test your coordination skills.

Classic Mode: An all out slug-fest where you need to keep slugging to stay alive!

Kids Mode: A simpler, happier world where it's all about cruising and enjoying life.

REVIEWS:
"A visually incredible title, Slug Bugs is definitely recommended for anyone that loves Fruit Ninja but is tired of slicing melons and oranges in half." -- Slide Gamer

Slug Bugs runs on the following:
iPod Touch 2nd, 3rd, 4th Gen
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4 and up
iPad & iPad2 and up
(Note: Does not support iPhone 3G or earlier, or 1st Gen iPod)

Free's comments:
The iPad version of Slug Bugs is a totally different beast compared to the iPhone version, simply because you can use all of your fingers and both hands to play.

So, as the developer of Slug Bugs, I challenge all of you iPad gamers to beat my current top score on iPad, clearly seen in the video.

Note, I will soon beat my own top score, so you'd better practice up!!

Here's the link to the game:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slug-bugs/id416104096?mt=8

... and here's the video:

05-22-2011, 07:47 PM
I only see iPhone version. Are you screen doubling or is there a new version coming. BTW that was a fast reply on the promo code giveaway.

05-23-2011, 12:12 AM
we are screen doubling in the video. but an HD version is on the way! It should look super sweet! Personally speaking as the guy who's played this thing more than anybody, the iPad version is really a fun experience! Not to diminish the iPhone version, but your thumbs can only slug so many bugs at one time versus all your fingers on iPad.

Jeff
05-23-2011, 12:17 AM
challenge promo codes for Slug Bugs

two more promo codes, only to be used by iPad users to challenge my best score

9PWEXRPYKK3T
RPK3EHE9PKJJ

Good luck, and I want to hear some reviews/responses! Come on guys! Let's hear how far you've gotten. BTW, I've only made it to 10pm one time... That dang 9pm is a killer!

Jeff
05-23-2011, 12:20 AM
Picked up RPK3EHE9PKJJ - thank you!

EDIT: This isn't for the iPad version... I'm guessing I have to 2x it?

Any plans of releasing a true Universal update?

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs

Last edited by KiddToKmart; 05-23-2011 at 12:25 AM.
05-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Most definitely an HD version is coming. Likely in conjunction with the first iPhone update by June 1st. So you'll have to 2x it for now... Sorry. We're working on it as quickly as we can.

Jeff
05-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Most definitely an HD version is coming. Likely in conjunction with the first iPhone update by June 1st. So you'll have to 2x it for now... Sorry. We're working on it as quickly as we can.

Jeff
Great, thanks!

Hope it will be released as an update instead of a stand-alone paid version

05-23-2011, 12:41 AM
I think if we can keep it under 20MB, a "universal" version is the best way to go. We'll do our best! Thanks for the feedback because I honestly hadn't decided until I read your response
05-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
I think if we can keep it under 20MB, a "universal" version is the best way to go. We'll do our best! Thanks for the feedback because I honestly hadn't decided until I read your response
The feedback is yet to come Will try it out and let you know my thoughts (coming from a HUGE Fruit Ninja fan).

EDIT: Is that a prerequisite for a Universal App... it must be under 20MB? I could swear i've seen many other apps over 20MB which are Universal!

Samurai II
Infinity Blade
Death Rally
Battleheart
Etc, etc...

05-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Not a prerequisite, but if going universal pushes us over the 20MB limit, we may consider doing two versions. I'll have to discuss it with the team. People forget about things quickly, and losing the impulse buy due to a wifi connection requirement is a big problem. We'll see how things go. We're currently optimizing things and figuring out those details.