★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Aves Creators WOW your ears with SLUGBUGS!

05-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Aves Creators WOW your ears with SLUGBUGS!

To all of our fans, and respected forum members, and particularly to those of you with exceptional reaction times:

SlugBugs is now out in the App store!

If you like fruit ninja, you'll totally dig Slug Bugs. You spoke, we listened. You wanted more Binaural audio, so SlugBugs is jam-packed with audio delights which will shock you as you hear cars in 3D racing from side to side. It uses our proprietary "Ghost" 3D Binaural audio which was also in Aves. This time, however, the focus was simple, FUN, addictive gameplay. We really did take to heart all of the amazing advice and suggestions by the members of the toucharcade forums who gave us incredible feedback.

Please take a look :

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slug-bugs/id416104096?mt=8

Please post your scores! This is very important to us. We want to see how good you guys are. Though I am very doubtful any of you can reach the superhuman fidelity of the game's lead Jeff :

But you can certainly try.

Promo Codes to come shortly to those who tell us something about the 3D Audio.
05-21-2011, 03:15 AM

05-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Would love a code. I've never heard of a game being amped up with binaural sounds to enhance the game play. I use binaraul beats and sound every day at work to help me focus or get energized. My guess is that there is some degradation of the binaural quality via the video. However, as great as it sounds in the vid (adds some distinguishable "pop"), playing the actual game should be pretty, uniquely darn good experience. Players should be in for some good eye and ear candy, eh?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 05-21-2011 at 07:20 AM.
05-21-2011, 07:41 AM
This game looks awesome and the new 3D Audio effects could be another highlight for the gameplay, therefore i would like to try it
05-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Audio Bliss

K4RRPM6N6FT3

very true... both u understand the impact of 3d audio... for those who have already downloaded, what rush hour have you found?
05-21-2011, 10:03 AM
This code is gone
05-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm pretty curious how the binaural audio is incorporated into the gameplay. 3D sound can be really immersive when done right. Synchronizing 3D audio with the gyroscope (or simply with the players viewpoint orientation) would be a really neat trick, though I'm not sure that's what you have in mind.
05-21-2011, 05:40 PM
u will hear magic

Check it out... u will be able to localize the cars... its a simple dynamic like fruit ninja but with much more profound audio reward and linked to the gaming mechanic
05-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBioReplicant View Post
Promo Codes to come shortly to those who tell us something about the 3D Audio.
Please clarify: Will you be posting more codes up for grabs or sending them to those who's replies say something about the 3D Audio? (Your post points to the latter...)

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
05-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Cool! I've been wondering where you guys have been. I loved AVES. Have you finished the whole human skeleton simulation simulation thing you talked about working on previously?
And this reminded me... I never ended up beating AVES. Did you have someone that did? Level 30 was too dang hard!

And if you're sending Promo Codes, you should PM them. There's a lot of lurkers on TA lately.

(P.s. I showed my multimedia teacher Aves and he was really impressed with the sound)

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2