★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Quest - official Mission Pack 'Islands of Ice and Fire'

04-14-2009, 08:09 AM
The Quest - official Mission Pack 'Islands of Ice and Fire'

COMING SOON - "The Islands of Ice and Fire" is designed as an official expansion pack for The Quest.

You can continue to play The Quest with your existing character(s) to explore new areas and quests after you've purchased the mission pack. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game, consisting of the expansion areas.

Expected launch price is 3.99 USD

Click image for larger version

Name:	mpshot1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	2808

Name:	mpshot2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	2809

Name:	mpshot3.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	2810

Name:	mpshot4.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	2811

Name:	mpshot5.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	2812

Follow Chillingo on Twitter for news of upcoming releases, promotions, updates and more. Developing for iPhone? Contact us to find out how Chillingo can maximise sales.
04-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillingo View Post
COMING SOON - "The Islands of Ice and Fire" is designed as an official expansion pack for The Quest.

You can continue to play The Quest with your existing character(s) to explore new areas and quests after you've purchased the mission pack. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game, consisting of the expansion areas.

Expected launch price is 3.99 USD

Attachment 2808
Attachment 2809
Attachment 2810
Attachment 2811
Attachment 2812
Ok so I guess I really need to get on with my quest playing. Everytime I try I get lost, then get in a fight, and then finally....I die I haven't played an RPG since FFXII which was ehhh. So my skills are pretty horrendous

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew

04-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Thus far, "The Quest" has not only been my favorite Itouch game...but my favorite game on any platform. I'm really excited about the upcoming expansion pack and happy to hear that we'll be able to import our characters from the existing game.

If the expansion pack is successful is there any chance that subsequent packs will be released?
04-14-2009, 12:33 PM
It's cool there's an expansion and all but I don't think I'm gonna get it because I would have to pay for it.
04-14-2009, 12:35 PM
This is awesome! I am sad to say that I have not gotten so far in the Quest....but it is my favorite RPG game so far on iphone.

The new expansion looks amazing. Graphics look great. I am curious.....

1. If you have The Quest already, and want to continue the character you are playing. Will you have to WORK your way to the new areas? as opposed to....

2. If you DONT have The Quest....you can just start off in the new areas?

My Original Music: https://soundcloud.com/no-fury
Gaming Device: iPhone 6 - iPad Air 2
04-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral75 View Post
1. If you have The Quest already, and want to continue the character you are playing. Will you have to WORK your way to the new areas? as opposed to....

2. If you DONT have The Quest....you can just start off in the new areas?
1. The new areas will be instantly accessible. However, they have been designed for high level characters, so it is advised that you complete the base game first.

2. If you don't have the Quest, you'll only be able to play in the expansion areas with a pregenerated high level character.

This expansion has not been originally designed to be a standalone game, because it was created before we ported the Quest to the iphone. That option will only be available to satisfy Apple's policy about iphone apps.
04-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Already?!?! I'm soooooo excited!! I've beat the quest 3 times now, and with my current charactar I go back every few days to re-kill monsters all over freymore to level-up to this ungodly level in anticipation for the expansion.

Thanks for making this so quickly after the first!!!

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!
04-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil / Redshift View Post
1. The new areas will be instantly accessible. However, they have been designed for high level characters, so it is advised that you complete the base game first.

2. If you don't have the Quest, you'll only be able to play in the expansion areas with a pregenerated high level character.

This expansion has not been originally designed to be a standalone game, because it was created before we ported the Quest to the iphone. That option will only be available to satisfy Apple's policy about iphone apps.
I'm a huge fan of The Quest, so I am psyched to hear about the expansion pack!!
04-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Soooo, any details on what "coming soon" means?

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!
04-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Already?!?! I'm soooooo excited!! I've beat the quest 3 times now, and with my current charactar I go back every few days to re-kill monsters all over freymore to level-up to this ungodly level in anticipation for the expansion.
The expansion is designed for level 14/15 characters.

Quote:
Soooo, any details on what "coming soon" means?
Within a month, hopefully. It really depends on Apple. We hope they will not find faults with the way we enabled the expansion to "enable" itself in the base game.