★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Cavorite - 16-bit Steampunk Puzzle Platformer

05-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Cavorite - 16-bit Steampunk Puzzle Platformer

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've had a new game to post but I'm pretty excited about this one. It's called Cavorite and it's a 16-bit steampunk puzzle platformer. It is inspired by HG Wells' First Men in the Moon.

There are 63 levels across 3 different landscapes, each with its own boss battle. There are 64 Game Center achievements and an online leaderboard for fastest game-completion times. It also has built-in screenshot grabbing and Tweeting.

The game design was strongly influenced by the PC game Professor Fizzwizzle and the iPhone game Pizza Boy.

Game site with more pics is at: DrCavor.com

It's currently being beta tested. I'm shooting for a June 15th release, with everything wrapped up and submitted to Apple by the weekend.

Last edited by xenoclone; 05-25-2011 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Added pics
05-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Im simply am loving the amount of platformers being developed. Controls are everything (you are the dev right). Tight controls and level design are everything. Keep us posted. Looks great.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo

05-21-2011, 08:25 PM
I always enjoy a good retro platformer, but the animations/controls look a bit choppy when jumping. Is this just the vid?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
05-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
wow! What looks to be another great platformer!
05-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Im simply am loving the amount of platformers being developed. Controls are everything (you are the dev right). Tight controls and level design are everything. Keep us posted. Looks great.
Agreed. Like I always say, the dev should play other platformers to see see what the high level of responsiveness demanded from iOS platformers today.
05-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
I always enjoy a good retro platformer, but the animations/controls look a bit choppy when jumping. Is this just the vid?
It's just the vid. The controls are very smooth and responsive.

Like I said, I used Pizza Boy as an initial reference. I studied a variety of platformers on the iPhone. Of the more recent ones, I enjoyed League of Evil's controls but didn't like MaXplosion at all -- especially when compared to the XBLA game it cloned!

Thanks for the comments. Hopefully I can get it wrapped up and submitted shortly.
05-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Wow wonderful! Another great platformer in the works.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-22-2011, 08:47 PM
05-23-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm glad folks are looking forward to it. Just let me know if you have any questions.
05-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoclone View Post
I'm glad folks are looking forward to it. Just let me know if you have any questions.
Price? Beta testers?

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!