★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tiny Wings clones for Android: now with more more plagerism!

05-22-2011, 04:10 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Tiny Wings clones for Android: now with more more plagerism!

My, that music and chirps are sure familiar!

Wow the rotund shape of that bee and the striped hills sure are familiar!

Last edited by arta; 05-22-2011 at 04:17 AM.
05-22-2011, 04:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Tiny Wings was already based off of Wavespark, and Wavespark off of that silly helicopter flying game that has been imitated so many times.

Newsflash: copying an idea for a game is not plagiarism, just like writing a poem about World War II is not plagiarizing from everyone else who has ever written a poem about World War II. People imitate ideas all of the time, and those who do it well with new changes or innovations deserve the money they make. It's called "competition". :\ You wouldn't call out Torchlight for "plagiarizing" from Diablo.

i'm a pretty kitty cat

Last edited by SkyMuffin; 05-22-2011 at 04:35 AM.

05-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Tiny Wings was already based off of Wavespark, and Wavespark off of that silly helicopter flying game that has been imitated so many times.

Newsflash: copying an idea for a game is not plagiarism, just like writing a poem about World War II is not plagiarizing from everyone else who has ever written a poem about World War II. People imitate ideas all of the time, and those who do it well with new changes or innovations deserve the money they make. It's called "competition". :\ You wouldn't call out Torchlight for "plagiarizing" from Diablo.
No by plagiarism he means the artwork and game mechanics. For goodness sake the first one also has a fever mode where the thing craps out stars and the second has 'night' chasing him.
05-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Yeah and the sounds in flying turtle sound like they were ripped from Tiny Wings

Hey there!
05-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by userfume View Post
Yeah and the sounds in flying turtle sound like they were ripped from Tiny Wings
I know right?
05-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Maybe if you have an ear infection. The joyous turtle's squeals are similar, but they are certainly not rips. And last I checked, turtles and birds are different species. This sort of mimicry is inevitable; it's been happening since video games were first invented. There were easily over 100 pong clones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by userfume View Post
05-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
Newsflash: copying an idea for a game is not plagiarism
It's not just the idea being copied though, its the entire game mechanic. No legal grounds for action but it's certainly going to lower public opinion of the product, which wouldn't happen with a poem.

Oh, and Newsflash: part of the reason this topic is entertaining is because it's entertaining to see Android desperately grab at the iPhones successes. No one cares if Wavespark did it first, Tiny Wings made it successful and that's what's being copied.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Let's not forget Dillo Hills

YouTube: video

My Twitter:@Tudor
05-22-2011, 11:50 AM
There are sounds in the trailer that seem to have been taken directly from Tiny Wings. Copied, with minimal to no modification. Listen to that "Woohoohoo!" when the fever mode activates, and that "Bugeeaag" when a slide streak is broken (The first sound in the trailer). Tell me those aren't directly taken from Tiny Wings.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.

Last edited by Oxynidus; 05-22-2011 at 11:52 AM.
05-22-2011, 01:15 PM
These clones aren't as bad as the clown that's released "tiny wings link" on android. It steals the tiny wings icon, screenshots, and app description, and apparently all it is is a link to the tiny wings website. The same "developer" has several of these "link" apps based on popular iOS games. It's entirely designed to con people out of a dollar, and blatantly violates copyright. The authors could certainly sue them if they cared to.