★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Vampire Rush HD - $0.99

05-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Vampire Rush & Vampire Rush HD - $0.99

Last edited by rann; 05-22-2011 at 11:47 PM.
05-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Tried this on an iPhone 4 and found the animations to be a bit stiffer than what I expected. Tempted to buy this version to play on the iPad 2 but unsure. Has anyone else tried it on an iPad?

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs

05-22-2011, 09:17 PM
How many levels does it have?

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
05-22-2011, 10:25 PM
iPod/iPhone version is also $0.99.
05-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
Tried this on an iPhone 4 and found the animations to be a bit stiffer than what I expected. Tempted to buy this version to play on the iPad 2 but unsure. Has anyone else tried it on an iPad?
That's a little bug we have there with animation, sorry! It will be fixed with an update though - which is coming very soon. Other improvements on the way too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus70 View Post
How many levels does it have?
Campaign has 7 levels - takes hours to complete. While progressing through the story, endless Survival Arenas are unlocked (3 total).
05-25-2011, 08:03 PM
I bought it for the very low discount-price. The tower-defense-hack'n'slay-mixture plus the comicesque, "Van Helsing"-like, colourful style early got my attention - but I did not like the graphic results, neither in screenshots, nor in videos. I wanted to give it a try, now, that it is discounted. But unfornutately, I must say - this game is extremely ugly. Don't get me wrong, it might be a great and funny game. But there are too many examples out there in the app-store, that have absolutely GREAT visuals and are crafted by very small Indie-Teams... Perhaps you could throw in some extra eyecandy for iPad2-owners, without starting from scratch. I played it on an iPad2 and it still lacks from very disappointing visuals, sorry
05-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caputt-Mattes View Post
I bought it for the very low discount-price. The tower-defense-hack'n'slay-mixture plus the comicesque, "Van Helsing"-like, colourful style early got my attention - but I did not like the graphic results, neither in screenshots, nor in videos. I wanted to give it a try, now, that it is discounted. But unfornutately, I must say - this game is extremely ugly. Don't get me wrong, it might be a great and funny game. But there are too many examples out there in the app-store, that have absolutely GREAT visuals and are crafted by very small Indie-Teams... Perhaps you could throw in some extra eyecandy for iPad2-owners, without starting from scratch. I played it on an iPad2 and it still lacks from very disappointing visuals, sorry
Please don't get me wrong- your opinions could be very accurate about the visuals, gameplay, etc., but don't mistake the publisher Chillingo - large company - for the developer - A-Steroids, which is probably a very small team. For many of the small indies, getting a large company to publish their games is the way they are actually able to make something in the extremely competetive app market.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Hey, Caputt-Mattes, the next update that is coming very soon among other things will bring better visuals specially designed for iPad2. I say you give it a try when it's out