★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pachingo looks like Peggle, BUT is it any good?!!

04-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Pachingo looks like Peggle, BUT is it any good?!!

Hey guys - I've been looking at this one in the app store for a couple of days now, and I've been keepin' my eye out for some discussion here on TA.

Have any of you tried it? It's called Pachingo; it looks alot like Peggle. Right now it's only .99cents. I would be interested in hearing more before I decide whether or not to pick it up.

ITUNES LINK :

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=310067197&mt=8

YOUTUBE LINK :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1_sBiWlbHk

Last edited by DieseliPhone; 04-14-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling
04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
** UPDATE ** Additional info and screenshots can also be found at :

www.robertblackwood.wordpress.com/

(sorry, I wasn't able to include the shots in this post)

Last edited by DieseliPhone; 04-14-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: weblink www. included

04-14-2009, 12:50 PM
The site says he will be releasing a lite version. I think I'd wait on that, I wasn't too impressed with the video.
04-14-2009, 12:54 PM
It looks a lot like Peggle and is probably a quick, cheap fix for anyone waiting for Peggle.

Screenshots:

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palfince View Post
It looks a lot like Peggle and is probably a quick, cheap fix for anyone waiting for Peggle.
Thanks for putting some screenshots in the thread!!!

The video seems to be running on a PC for demo purposes, and it still looks to be running really slowly. I am really missing the sound, too - I would like to here what it sounds like.

I think the previous poster is right about needing to wait for a demo - of course, I guess someone could post with some really good impressions that might persuade me.

This problem would be totally solved if the REAL Peggle would just STEP FORWARD!!!!
04-14-2009, 01:09 PM
I got it the day it came out, It's no where near as good as peggle, in fact I actually think pegs in space is better... Pachingo is waaay to slow it just doesn't feel right. I would save your dollar and wait on Peggle, or use that same dollar towards pegs in space as I think it's a better clone. The one thing Pachingo has over Pegs in space is that pachingo has the extra ball bucket...

Gamecenter:1337brian
04-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
I got it the day it came out, It's no where near as good as peggle, in fact I actually think pegs in space is better... Pachingo is waaay to slow it just doesn't feel right. I would save your dollar and wait on Peggle, or use that same dollar towards pegs in space as I think it's a better clone. The one thing Pachingo has over Pegs in space is that pachingo has the extra ball bucket...
Atomic Blink is a pretty decent clone - I have only tried the LITE version, but it was really not that bad.

LITE :

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307525744&mt=8

FULL :

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=307524465&mt=8
04-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Yea I played the lite ver. of atomic blink, not bad, But I think the ball physics of pegs in space is most like my beloved Peggle. Pachingo has the better level layouts, but the gameplay and physics are just terrible.... I'm really ticked off with Popcap, announcing an early march release, and here we are halfway done with april and they still won't say a word @ all

I refresh the appstore searching for Peggle probably once every hour...
COME ON POPCAP!!!!!!!! BRING IT ON ALREADY!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT BUGS! PATCH THEM LATER!

Gamecenter:1337brian
04-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
Yea I played the lite ver. of atomic blink, not bad, But I think the ball physics of pegs in space is most like my beloved Peggle. Pachingo has the better level layouts, but the gameplay and physics are just terrible.... I'm really ticked off with Popcap, announcing an early march release, and here we are halfway done with april and they still won't say a word @ all

I refresh the appstore searching for Peggle probably once every hour...
COME ON POPCAP!!!!!!!! BRING IT ON ALREADY!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT BUGS! PATCH THEM LATER!
Yep - I even hit their twitter account to see what is being said - lots of interest, STILL NO OFFICIAL WORD!!! I was hoping when the DS version came out we would see an iphone launch, BUT . . .
04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
I've contacted Popcap via facebook twice in the last couple weeks.

The two responses I got were:

FIRST

PopCap Games: peggle for iphone is coming out soon! sorry, no exact date yet!

SECOND

Hey Brendon,

Thanks for the question on our wall!

Unfortunately, I really have no news for you. I REALLY wish I did though. No worries, it will be coming out SOON! The wait will be worth it!

Thanks,
Xuyen Nguyen
PopCap.com