★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Think outside the box in the world of The Amazing Mr. Loco!

REVIEWS:

4/5 -Fun iPhone

"The puzzle design is great!" -Destructoid.com

"This game is certainly an interesting twist on the block matching formula." -148apps.com

ITUNES REVIEWS:

"A must for puzzle game lovers!" -LoobyLibby (USA)

"The puzzles are excellent." -Djflippy (USA)

"One of the best puzzle games I have ever played!" -filips01 (New Zeeland)

"A very awesome game! Easy to learn, hard to master!" -Stiildakk (Sweden)

Puzzle games has never been this fun and exciting. We used real magic to invent all these puzzles, and we know you're coming back for more because you can make your own puzzles or download puzzles from players all over the world!

* Over 100 magic puzzles spread over 9 unique worlds with different mechanics and imagination!
* Full retina graphics!
* 3 Game Modes, including a relaxed High Score Mode and a very fun Time Attack Mode, for those short rides on the bus to school or work.
* Amazingly cool and variated special items in every puzzle!
* Magic Hats, Ice Blocks, Gravity Bending Switches, Bombs and MORE!
* Puzzle Creator! It's the same tools as we used when making the game! Easy to Create and play instantly!
* Game Center interactive. Get cool achievements or share your score with the world.
* Beautiful skins to unlock. You are sure to find your favourite!
* Awesome music and sound while you puzzle your way through the levels. Every Game Mode has its own music.

Get involved with The Amazing Mr. Loco and share your puzzles to the world!

Support and contact:
http://www.silverboxsoftware.com/loco

Mannequin's comments:
"The Amazing Mr. Loco" is a puzzle game developed by swedish developers Silverbox and has reached great success over in it's home country, spent some time on top ten, but is unknown pretty much everywhere else.
The game has had extensive coverage in swedish media and gotten great reviews all around. Top rated among apps, with 46/52 user reviews being 5 stars. Not rated under 3 stars by anyone. Definately worth checking out. I had a blast with it.

There are 3 different game modes. a 100+ something puzzles, tetris-like highscore and timeattack modes and it is possible to create your own puzzle levels and share with friends, family and the rest of the world. The company has a facebook group where you can post up puzzles and get puzzles that others have made.

Here is the trailers for the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1W68Cl02f4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYGxl...eature=related

And the link to it on appstore:
http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/the-amazing-mr-loco/id424402375?mt=8

Lite version now available!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-amazing-mr-loco-free/id440971377?mt=8
05-23-2011, 01:35 PM

05-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Looks cool

Edit just picked this up this is a brilliant puzzle game with superb presentation . If you like puzzle games then this is a no brainer at the price

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 05-23-2011 at 03:37 PM.
05-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingwolf View Post
Looks cool

Edit just picked this up this is a brilliant puzzle game with superb presentation . If you like puzzle games then this is a no brainer at the price
I feel the same way. It is by no means revolutionary, but it does some pretty interesting things with the mechanics that mix things up.
Presentation and music is to die for also.
05-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
I feel the same way. It is by no means revolutionary, but it does some pretty interesting things with the mechanics that mix things up.
Presentation and music is to die for also.
Agree totally. Very nice game, definitely worth the price of admission for anyone interested in puzzle games and/or match 3s.
05-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Okay here is my question:

While the puzzles look impressive, I'd really just be playing the high score modes and I'm wondering if all of the clever puzzle elements like teleport boxes and ice cubes are in the score modes as well or are they only used in the puzzles?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Okay here is my question:

While the puzzles look impressive, I'd really just be playing the high score modes and I'm wondering if all of the clever puzzle elements like teleport boxes and ice cubes are in the score modes as well or are they only used in the puzzles?
No as far as i can make out the only thing the same is the way the boxes stick together

Edit just played a bit more and the ice cubes appeared wether the others will i dont know but its a fun puzzle/match 3 game

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

Last edited by Howlingwolf; 05-24-2011 at 12:20 PM.
05-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Nice looking...
05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Game Impressions

This is a superbly polished puzzle game, with over 100 cleverly designed puzzles, a compelling high score mode, a time attack mode, a puzzle creation tool, and a way to share those puzzles with the rest of The Amazing Mr. Loco community.

The goal in the puzzle mode is to join the starred blocks. The early puzzles teach you that core mechanic and the later puzzles scale up beautifully to require much more thought. A number of game-changing special objects begin to show up, such as magical teleport hats (the theme is magic, after all) and gravity switches, to really make the puzzles interesting. It feels like a hybrid between Denki Blocks, Aqueduct, and Sokoban, which is a compliment in my book. The fact that the developers included their puzzle creation tool to crowd-source levels is a huge value-added that I wish more developers would realize. These elements alone would have made a game well worth the initial price of admission.

The developers didn't stop there though, they also included a full-fledged endless scoring mode, with match-3 at its core, but with added mechanics that feel fresh. This is a blessing and a curse, at times, because this is not your mama's match-3. Blocks fall in pairs that you tap to swap, which will be familiar to most players, and after being placed, blocks can be slid sideways. The wrench in the works and also the innovation is that blocks stick together. It may be difficult to envision the impact of this without playing it, but what it means is that you have freedom to slide lines around horizontally to make matches, well after blocks have been placed. The benefit is that it makes for creative combos, once you've become accustomed to how it works. That freedom also comes with a limitation, which is that blocks will oftentimes stick together when you don't want them to, which makes the outer walls the limiting factor. Depending on your skill level, this negative feedback may translate to frustration relatively quickly.

The Endless Mode isn't perfect, because the swap and move controls can overlap and you have to learn to move your finger off the block before swiping down to lock it in place quickly, otherwise frustration ensues. This problem is compounded by the fact that the drop frequency increases fairly quickly, after a certain point, to make up for the fact that you can slide rows around after the drop to make matches. If a stack reaches the top, it's game over, as you probably surmised. Depending on your disposition, this will either be challenging or maddening, but you've been warned.

Again, the polish is there in spades, the puzzles are excellent, and the endless mode is challenging enough to warrant the Game Center leaderboards. Also, there is a nice pile of Achievements, which never hurts. The puzzle creation tool is excellent as well, which is just a nice belly full of icing on the cake.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

Last edited by djflippy; 05-25-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: SP
05-24-2011, 02:27 PM
@djflippy
So, in the endless mode are more than bombs and ice cubes thrown in as special blocks?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews