★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Spacewalk 3D LITE Now Available

04-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Spacewalk 3D LITE Now Available

The free Spacewalk 3D LITE is now available in the app store!

This version contains the first level of Spacewalk 3D (on the easy setting) for those who wish to get a feel of the game and try before they buy. Below are the direct links to both apps. Screenshots and a video can be viewed at http://www.strawberrylabs.com.

Spacewalk 3D
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=309912570&mt=8

Spacewalk 3D LITE
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=311431475&mt=8
04-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Interesting. But the accelerometer controls are a pain in the ***. Please fix.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

04-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Interesting. But the accelerometer controls are a pain in the ***. Please fix.
Could you specifically let me know what about the controls that bother you? I think what you may be referring to was intentional game physics. Since you are in space there will still be momentum even when you quit pressing the thrusters. Thats because there is no gravity to slow you down. So you have momentum working against you initially while you are trying to thrust in a certain direction. Therefore, you would need to keep your thrusters going a lot.
04-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrylabs View Post
Could you specifically let me know what about the controls that bother you? I think what you may be referring to was intentional game physics. Since you are in space there will still be momentum even when you quit pressing the thrusters. Thats because there is no gravity to slow you down. So you have momentum working against you initially while you are trying to thrust in a certain direction. Therefore, you would need to keep your thrusters going a lot.
Yeah my problem with the controls is the confusion with the acelerometer controls. Like I'm thinking left, right, up, down. But it's sorta like flying a plane. In the same way, I try that and it just is way too confusing. Dosen't work well either.

Another problem I have is that I can't really tell how fast I'm going. One moment I'm here, a few minutes later I'm right next to the shuttle. I couldin't really tell where I was going. I tried reverse thrusters and after a while trying finally finished the lite with 10% oxygen left.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Last edited by dannys95; 04-15-2009 at 02:23 PM.
04-15-2009, 02:36 PM
The controls definitely take some getting use too. Give it a few more tries and you'll be nailing it with 90% O2 left easy. I think the full version is getting much better reviews because the hard setting actually has a bit different of a feel and the meteors make it more fun too. I'm going to PM you a free code for Spacewalk 3D. Give it a try, spend some time with it and then come back and report back what you think. How's that?
04-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Quote:
The controls definitely take some getting use too. Give it a few more tries and you'll be nailing it with 90% O2 left easy. I think the full version is getting much better reviews because the hard setting actually has a bit different of a feel and the meteors make it more fun too. I'm going to PM you a free code for Spacewalk 3D. Give it a try, spend some time with it and then come back and report back what you think. How's that?
That's cool. Thank you. I'll try it out and get back to you.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

04-15-2009, 02:50 PM
OK very slowly getting the hang of the controls. Maybe you could post instructions? You know, how you're supposed to tilt and stuff.

Other than that, I just hope a pause button is added sometime soon.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

04-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
OK very slowly getting the hang of the controls. Maybe you could post instructions? You know, how you're supposed to tilt and stuff.
Many people have made comments about the controls and now we see that it's the up and down that you pointed out that seems to be giving most people the problem. We just sent updates to both Spacewalk 3D and Spacewalk 3D LITE that will correct this. Thanks to your input and this forum we see the err of our ways!
04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Many people have made comments about the controls and now we see that it's the up and down that you pointed out that seems to be giving most people the problem. We just sent updates to both Spacewalk 3D and Spacewalk 3D LITE that will correct this. Thanks to your input and this forum we see the err of our ways!
There we go. I knew something was wrong.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I'll have to pick this up. Is it like the simulator things at museums? Y'know, the moving pods? If so then, woohoo! I gotta go get me this game!

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!