★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Flick NBA Basketball

04-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Flick NBA Basketball

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Flick NBA Basketball Teaser Trailer & Launch Date
April 14th, 2009 by Bryan Barletta

The first officially licensed NBA game for the iPhone & iPod Touch coming your way from Freeverse!
Brian Akaka, CEO and Founder of Appular just sent over a teaser for the latest game from Freeverse, Flick NBA Basketball. This is the third game in the Flick series (Bowling and Fishing with Baseball coming in the near future). The trailer doesn’t show much besides the court, with especially stunning reflection, but it’s enough to peak our interest so I dug a little deeper.

This is the first licensed NBA game to hit the iPhone & iPod Touch and features all-stars such as Shaq, Kobe, Kevin Garnett, LeBron, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade and more. This is a game that features ultra-realistic 3D models of NBA superstars where you play different challenges like 3 point shootout, HORSE, and more in a similar fashion to the NBA All-Star Weekend.

Flick NBA Basketball will launch during the NBA Playoffs (late April or May). As we get more info, videos, and screenshots we’ll be sure to keep you posted.

- 148apps

Last edited by salsamd; 04-18-2009 at 12:25 AM.
04-14-2009, 05:27 PM
yes please

Wishlist: Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Swords & Soldiers, Tyrian
Playing: Kryzer Prologue, Flight Control, Knights Onrush

04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
From the Front page

Quote:
"Not a full-court basketball title, Flick NBA Basketball is basically an iPhone adaptation of the All Star Challenge. The player takes the role of a big name NBA player–the strongest player from every team is represented in realistic 3D models–and takes on various skill challenges such as the 3-point challenge, half-court long shot, ball spin, and horse (draw your moves on the court and watch it all played out in 3D).

While the 1.0 title will focus on shooting, Freeverse indicates that future updates will expand the title in various ways.

Flick NBA Basketball will be available in time for (or during) the playoffs, which begin April 19."
Looks like it will be a bit delayed from the original schedule....

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 04-14-2009 at 05:42 PM.
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
Looks like it will be a bit delayed from the original schedule....
Yeah, but just a bit. It's finishing up right now.

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.
04-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippieman View Post
Yeah, but just a bit. It's finishing up right now.
Woot. Developer active on the forums cha-ching. Thanks for your response, can't wait for this game. Even though I don't really like basketball, I love the quality Freeverse delivers on the iPhone. This game (by the looks of the court) looks amazing!
04-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Hippieman, does that video show IN-GAME IPHONE graphics?

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
04-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
Hippieman, does that video show IN-GAME IPHONE graphics?
ya i was wondering the same thing...either way im gonna buy it...

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!
04-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Finally, this may be the definitive sports game on the iPhone/iPod touch.
04-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supg328911 View Post
ya i was wondering the same thing...either way im gonna buy it...
I dont think you should. Look Below for an answer why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jFND View Post
Finally, this may be the definitive sports game on the iPhone/iPod touch.
Not really, If you read the app info it was stated that this wasnt a full on basketball title, just an all-star shootout game. Looks like another thing that could be awesome turned into something bad (a la MGST)

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
04-14-2009, 10:18 PM
I think this is just another shooting game. Check out Hoop Jones too. I was planning on doing a full 3D 3 on 3 basketball game but since EA announced they are bringing NBA Live I may cancel my attempt. Might be a while before we have a real basketball game to play on the iphone.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)