★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Shnap - A new FREE game!

05-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Shnap - A new FREE game!

My new game Shnap is now on the app store!

It's a picture rating/sharing game with a twist. It's 10 points to post a "shnap," and every rating (WTF/LOL/Cool/Wow) you get from others earns you 2 points. More ratings = more points and XPs = level up.

I'd love to hear what you guys think of the game! Quite a few of my users from AirCoaster are playing this game now.

05-26-2011, 08:33 PM
It's been a while since I posted here, I just needed to shout out about this app, in short it's seriously awesome. I could throw bucket loads of hyperbole around (I won't) and still not do it justice.

It isn't quite what you expect from a game, nor a photo app, it's strange to try and define... What it is though is highly compelling, like Ziconics other app AirCoaster there's a strong community structure underpinning an app thats all about creativity and discovery. There's less scope to create in this app than there is in AirCoaster but the beauty of it is that it encourages to use other apps for creating and then sharing on Shnap.

It's free, beautifully presented and designed, fun and easy to use and its unique ~ really worthwhile investigating. One of my top five favourite apps. Btw there is a requirement to use Facebook to create a profile right now, but the developer is in the process of updating the app to allow profiles without using Facebook.

PSN & Gamecenter ID : Daftbomb

05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Downloading. Ziconic makes some great stuff. Thanks for the review SmartBomb!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Will definitely give it a shot!
05-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Btw for those of you who don't do the Facebook thing, I submitted an update to Apple earlier today that no longer requires Facebook (you can create a Shnap account instead of signing in with your Facebook account). Hopefully Apple will approve the update sometime next week.
05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
looks cool, will grab it!
Devs who try to do unique/different things should be encouraged, let's get some discussion going in here
05-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
looks cool, will grab it!
Devs who try to do unique/different things should be encouraged, let's get some discussion going in here
+1 I couldn't agree more.

It's the game aspect of this app that's genius, it didn't make sense to me when I heard about it but after playing, it seems obvious like 'why didn't I think of that' obvious. I'm a bit of a sucker for those MMO click buttons mindlessly and level up (zynga, storm8 and godfather im looking at you) why I bother is anybodys guess. Must be video game OCD or something.

Now to compare Shnap to an MMO like mafia wars is criminal (like comparing French cuisine to mcdonalds) and that's not what I'm doing, but Shnap has a little bit of what makes those games tick buried in it... And for once that particular game mechanic feels like there's a point. If you couldn't tell, I'm just that impressed with this app my teeth might fall out... Or something else unexpectedly bizarre/extraordinary.

I'm looking forward to seeing the $Bs (Shnap currency) possibly getting more ways to use them. On that note I should add, it's one of those rare occasions where there is an in-app purchase for game currency, but it's only there in case you want it and not a requisite for getting the most of the app, that's doing it right in my book.

Back to the quote though, in my experience on here, toucharcaders love it when developers get involved here, so glad to see you on here Z.

PSN & Gamecenter ID : Daftbomb
06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
The new Shnap update just went live on the app store! And it doesn't need Facebook anymore!

If you have been holding off on downloading the game because it needed Facebook, please check it out again. You can now create a Shnap account and start playing right away if you don't want to use Facebook.