★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Digital Tales
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 199.6 MB
  • Version: 1.14
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Speed and fun on two wheels, in the palm of your hand.

Now on your TV up to 1080p: DUCATI CHALLENGE HD is FullHD!

Get ready for breathtaking challenges and unique thrills riding official Ducati motorbikes in a graphically stunning 3D racing game HD version.
Wheelies, stoppies, overtaking, high speed and steering precision make Ducati Challenge HD a must-have game for Ducati and motorbike fans alike.

---- Official Ducati bikes
Ride the most powerful standard models in Ducati's line, including Monster 1100 EVO, Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP, Diavel Carbon, Multistrada 1200 S, Streetfighter S and Superbike 1198 SP.
The roar of every single engine was recorded live to offer all Ducati fans an immersive experience.

---- Original and varied tracks
Fast race tracks, winding mountain roads, narrow medieval village streets, bustling metropolises and hot desert valleys will make the perfect locations for breathtaking challenges, where you can safely unleash all the power of Ducati's awesome bikes.

---- Single-player Mode
CHAMPIONSHIP: 3 competitions of increasing difficulty and challenges (including qualifying rounds to set the starting grid).
QUICK RACE: pick your ride, track, number of laps and difficulty level and just jump into the race. More tracks and bikes will be unlocked as you progress through the championship mode.

---- Multiplayer Mode
Challenge your friends in the Wi-Fi Multiplayer Mode with races for up to 4 players.

---- Different camera angles
In-game camera angles convey all the thrills of high speed racing on two wheels. Opt for a standard third person view or the amazing first person view.

---- Easy handling
Thanks to the customizable handling system (including steering sensitivity control based on your device leaning and the brake assist), Ducati Challenge HD offers user-friendly controls for players of all levels, ranging from beginners to experts.
You can choose between arcade and simulation settings to get your favourite drive experience.

--- Graphic Quality
Thanks to the personalization of the graphic quality, its possible to choose between 3 differents settings to get the best performance out of your device: low quality (no effects), medium quality (antialias activated), high quality (antialis + motion blur + high quality particles activated).

---- Image galleries and achievements
The rich game Extras, including unlockable achievements and exclusive Ducati images you can save on your device, will be the icing on the cake for all Ducati and motorbike fans alike.

---- iPod Library
Listen to your own music playlists during in-game challenges.

---- Game Center
Climb the leaderboards recording the best laps on each track.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=95215
05-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Looks real nice. Mmmmm might give it a buy.

05-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Initial impressions having played only first bike/first track so far: this is the first decent (at worst) moto game on the iOS.

First off, I can't speak highly enough of the options to set graphical detail/effect. It is beyond me why this isn't standard on all games of this kind. While the game is playable on medium and high settings, changing them to low affords a near-60fps frame rate which for me personally makes all the difference.

Controls are fine but an option for a slider instead of tilt to steer is missing. While I can normally go with either tilt or on-screen controls, I know there are folks who hate tilt to steer and there's really no excuse to not have the option for them. Hopefully this will be added but no idea what this dev is like with accessibility/updates.

The racing itself is fun. The AI for once feels realistic, not appearing to stringently stick to one line like drones. Neither does there appear to be "rubber-banding" which is another huge plus for me.

Some issues: the rider could use a few more animation frames in and out of turns. No online multiplayer. Hitting the Gamecenter icon takes you to a list of achievements but no best lap times? Am I missing something? Surely best lap times should be in the game? But then, "time trial" isn't one of the game's options either; you only get single race and championship. Very strange omission if that is the case.

Overall so far though, happy with the purchase and looking forward to unlocking more bikes/tracks. Will add impressions if there are more to add as I progress.
05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks Gabrien. Seems likely I'll be picking this up soon.
05-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Yes I am one of the guys who hate tilt controls on the Ipad.
So this belongs to all the lazy devs: No touch control-No buy!!!
05-25-2011, 02:48 AM
For Gamecenter laptimes, when selecting courses, there is an option to view records which shows you the local times, but if you notice there is also a gamecenter icon on this screen as well which you can click on to get the online times.
05-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for your good feedback on Ducati Challenge HD.

Thanks for your good feedback on Ducati Challenge HD.
To us, your comments and suggestions are very important to improve game quality and its fun factor.

Digital Tales is about to release a new Ducati Challenge HD version (ver1.1) that will soon be available on Apple Store, which will include bug fixes and new features:

* new view added: rear camera.
* cross platform ( iPhone version, iPad HD version) multiplayer minor bug fixing.
* improved camera dynamics during pilot accidents.
* improved "blur" effect in "High Quality" settings.
* Game Center lap records registration fix.
* audio issues fix.
* additional improvements and minor bug fixing.

We recommend to update your device to the latest iOS before playing.

If you enjoy the game, don't forget to rate Ducati Challenge HD each time a new version is released.
Your feedbacks will help more upgrades to be delivered in the future (we are also working on a touch steering options for ver. 1.2).

Keep on supporting us and have fun on Ducati Challenge HD tracks.

Giovanni Bazzoni
05-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Looks fun, but I wish there were a Lite version to try.
05-31-2011, 12:04 PM

Ducati's are cool and so are iPad's. I give my 2 thumbs up. The only thing that would bother me are the control settings. I have trouble with these type of settings.
06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
This does actually look quite good.

Can anyone post a review? Details of gameplay and whether any good?