★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo Switch (aka NX)

10-20-2016, 01:26 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Nintendo Switch (aka NX)

Nintendo unveiled their new hybrid console. The NX is called the Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

https://www.nintendo.com/switch

Powered by Nvidia:

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/1...ntendo-switch/

I think it looks like it has potential, but there's lots of ways Nintendo could screw this up....
10-20-2016, 05:32 PM
I am def interested. It would take a lot of negstive effort from Nintendo to prevent me from buyibg that piece of gear.

The hybrid model appeals a lot to me. I am very hyped so far, because it has so much potential. But it is Nintendo, so who knows what they can do to mess it up.

10-21-2016, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankrio View Post
I am def interested. It would take a lot of negstive effort from Nintendo to prevent me from buyibg that piece of gear.

The hybrid model appeals a lot to me. I am very hyped so far, because it has so much potential. But it is Nintendo, so who knows what they can do to mess it up.
I am very interested as well! Seems really cool! For me, I think it's gonna be a must-have deal! I just wish it was gonna come out before the holidays-seems like the right thing to do! I'll keep an eye on this, and we'll see how it goes!
10-21-2016, 04:53 AM
People around me are excited

As consumers, they were happy that Nintendo made many great games portable. But I'm not sure it's good for the game devs. Now they have to develop games designed for both large screens and small screens.
10-21-2016, 06:19 AM
I will probably pick one up. Wouldn't mind replacing my aging Wii, and I much prefer the Switch's form factor (and power) as a portable than the 3DS's.

It's interesting that Nintendo has yet to confirm that the tablet has a touchscreen. Just speculating here, but if it doesn't, it could mean that they're planning to keep their more casual touch-based games on iOS and Android, while focusing the Switch on hardcore titles. Could be interesting...
10-21-2016, 08:58 AM
I wanted a non clamshell none dual screen portable from Nintendo and that it is.

Might even think about going PC for graphically impressive home gaming again skipping PS5 and using Skip for "instant on" gaming on TV.

Hoping for Donkey Kong remasters.
10-21-2016, 11:27 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
The portable mode has all the buttons. That's a pretty big deal. My oldest kid is mostly excited for its use as a portable. Like playing Skyrim in the car....
10-21-2016, 08:32 PM
Looks like a hot mess to me....

But I AM definitely interested in the retro SNES coming out next month.
10-22-2016, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The portable mode has all the buttons. That's a pretty big deal. My oldest kid is mostly excited for its use as a portable. Like playing Skyrim in the car....
Makes me very happy too, I feared it would be another tablet where you play Zelda with touchscreen controls on the go.

It's pretty huge but will be great for plane or train rides and will probably replace my iPad for couch gaming mostly - just not for point&click adventures.
10-27-2016, 10:09 AM
My body is ready!