★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Welcome to Die!

View Poll Results: Coke or Pepsi
Coke 50 75.76%
Pepsi 16 24.24%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll
07-30-2010, 02:57 AM
I choose to believe God does exist.

Last edited by RttaM; 07-30-2010 at 03:00 AM.
07-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: The Lonely Island
Posts: 1,238
Think about it for a minute. Let's say you believe in God- if there is a God, happy day for you. If there isn't a God, no harm done. You had a happy life hoping for something after.
Now if you don't believe in God, and there is a God, you're in a not so good position. If there isn't a God, woohoo for you. You can get drunk, knock a girl up, get stuck with her, and live (not) so happily ever after.

In my opinion, there is a God. And I also am a believer in Karma. Being a good person makes good happen to you, and I like the idea of a point to life. I also like knowing I'm more than a slightly sophisticated monkey.

That's my opinion.

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2

07-30-2010, 03:19 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Australia, mate!
Posts: 8,453
I believe in God, but not really in Karma. I do good deeds not because I expect something back, but simply because it's the right thing to do.

hi
07-30-2010, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
no harm done.
There is plenty of harm done: the Crusades, Prop 8, witch hunts, residential schools, etc, etc, etc. There is seemingly no end to the persecution, torture, slavery and murder, all to satisfy the invisible sky man. And you enable that suffering. Good for you.
07-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Think about it for a minute. Let's say you believe in God- if there is a God, happy day for you. If there isn't a God, no harm done. You had a happy life hoping for something after.
Now if you don't believe in God, and there is a God, you're in a not so good position. If there isn't a God, woohoo for you. You can get drunk, knock a girl up, get stuck with her, and live (not) so happily ever after.

In my opinion, there is a God. And I also am a believer in Karma. Being a good person makes good happen to you, and I like the idea of a point to life. I also like knowing I'm more than a slightly sophisticated monkey.

That's my opinion.
Being an Atheist doesn't mean you have no morals or guilt, Hitler was a Christian and he caused the death of millions of people.
Both my parents are Atheists and they met at university, went out for 6 years and then got married, and had me three years later.
My Dad actually knows a Catholic who had pre-marital sex and married a girl he didn't love and is now an alcoholic, so these ideas you have that Religious people have better, more wholesome lives is completely wrong, it's really about equal and an impossible to measure idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win
07-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Australia, mate!
Posts: 8,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
There is plenty of harm done: the Crusades, Prop 8, witch hunts, residential schools, etc, etc, etc. There is seemingly no end to the persecution, torture, slavery and murder, all to satisfy the invisible sky man. And you enable that suffering. Good for you.
Or would you not take that chance and have risk of eternal suffering?

hi
07-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
Or would you not take that chance and have risk of eternal suffering?
If I told you that God told me that you have to send me $100 worth of iTunes apps or else you'll go to hell, would you take the risk or burning eternally or just send me the $100?

back
07-30-2010, 04:25 AM
OH SH*T So that was Jackson's second account. Whoever called that good job.
07-30-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RttaM View Post
OH SH*T So that was Jackson's second account. Whoever called that good job.
*Raises hand*

back
07-30-2010, 04:28 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Australia, mate!
Posts: 8,453
No, because you're the one telling me to do it, not God.

hi