★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: iniGames
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.5 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: HINT:-
1) CHEAT CODE!!! Activate the cheat code now! To do this, wait for the glowing light to be brightest in the background of main menu and press on it. Type: "God" for godmode and "Money" for 10,000 credits. Have fun! :D
2) Use your SMART Missile (triangle targeting) as much as possible. It has insane damage and will take out most heavy enemies and bosses quicker.
3) Unlock the SMART MEDAL in Medal Achievement. To do this, unequip SSI of all it's weapons and clear any level. (Tips: Buy as many Nuke as possible)
4) Change your main weapon from Spit Fire to Plasma for level 1. To do this, start a new game, press "Pause" and press "Menu" to return to main menu. Press "continue" and you will enter weapon shop. Sell your Spit Fire for 500 credits and use it to buy Plasma. Press "Exit"

--------------------------

Space Ship Ion puts you as an elite pilot of Terran Space Navy on a suicide solo mission against an invasion from extra-terrestrial alien organism. However, things get complicated when you found out that Terran Space Navy wants you dead and a dangerous conspiracy is revealed. One solo pilot against throngs of aliens and your organization betrayal.

Features :-

- SMART Missile targeting system that will launch multiple HELL Fire missiles upon target lock on enemies.

- 10 types of fully customizable weapons and upgrades that will scale with powerups. Collect credits from destroyed enemies and use it to upgrade your ship in weapon shop.

- Featuring the best weapon in the game, the DFF LASER. You want huge fat beam laser that will shred aliens in one shot? It's here!

- HUGE end game BOSSES! Every BOSS is uniquely design with multiples moving parts that make them look alive. They also behave differently and must be defeated using differently methods.

- 35 types of enemies and Bosses! We don't REUSE our enemies type. Each levels has it's own theme and uniquely designed enemies alien and bosses.

- Medal achievements collection. Beat or play the game to certain listed requirements and unlock 12 cool medals for your collection. Not only that, you can unlock powerul unique weapons as well for harder difficulty levels.

- A SOLID storyline. Finally! Space Ship Ion isn't just about fending off an alien invasion and call it a day at the end of it. There's a deep conspiracy in the background. Has anyone ever asked why every pilot hero fending off aliens do so alone?" (for crying out loud). Has anyone asked why there's an alien invasion in the first place? Traditionally, this kind of questions are considered unimportant in aicraft shooter games but here at Space Ship Ion, we always like to do things differently. Check out the story as the game unfolds.

- We are no stingy developers :) You are off solo to save earth from alien invasion. We give you the best firepower on your finger tips. Check them out... all 10 of them!

inigames's comments:
Hi guys. This is our first game, Space Ship Ion: Zero and it's done by only 2 guys.

It's more of like an "adventure shooter" or "casual shooter". The game focus a good part in storyline and we are trying to make something different for this genre.

You can upgrade your ship with credits collected and buy ever more powerful weapons and upgrades after each levels.

This is the lite version of the upcoming full game "Space Ship Ion: OSS". Please do check it out. Thanks, ace!

https://www.facebook.com/SpaceShipIon

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/ssi-zero/id437843497?mt=8
05-24-2011, 09:24 PM

05-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Looks nice, I'll give it a try.
05-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Pretty good shmup, but the controls need work. The movement feels sluggish since it's not 1:1 movement, and your ship will always end up under your finger. Not such a good thing, since there are enemies that come up from behind. Occasionally it feels like you're fighting with the tilt controls, which automatically activate if you let go for too long.

Graphic style is nice, and pretty typical for the genre.

Some bosses and mid-bosses seem like a bit of a grind to whittle down their health.

The upgrade system is what makes the game stand out. It would be nice if there was more variety in weapon systems.

Targeted missiles work ok, but the lock-on target seems a little far away from the ship. Maybe it should distance itself based on your movement?

Achievements really should be tied to Game Center instead of just local.

I don't expect a storyline in a shmup, and it's always nice to see one, but it's really not as special as the app description would leave you to believe. Just a series of slightly-animated stills with text that's accessed through a "story" button on the main screen.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Hi strivemind,
Thanks for the comment. We are currently improving on the touch control and should be ready by the next update. The game has additional story element at the end of SSI: Zero and once we release the full verion, SSI:OSS, there will be extra scenes. The scenes are planned to be light as this is still a casual shooter. We do hope to focus more and improve on it perhaps in future sequel.

Thanks again for your feedback. We appreciate it a lot
05-24-2011, 11:03 PM
Yay! It's definitely a new take on the genre.
05-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchHeartRo View Post
Yay! It's definitely a new take on the genre.
Um, no it's not. I can think of a dozen shmups very similar to this one. Don't get me wrong, it's still a decent game, and once they tweak the controls it will be quite playable.

05-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Um, no it's not. I can think of a dozen shmups very similar to this one. Don't get me wrong, it's still a decent game, and once they tweak the controls it will be quite playable.
Please name these dozen vertical shooters with customization and upgrades through a purchase/inventory system.
05-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Please name these dozen vertical shooters with customization and upgrades through a purchase/inventory system.
Danmaku Unlimited, Astro Wings, Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Tyrian, E.D.F., Cosmic Birds, Jet Fighter Ace

to name a few. And that's just one's with inventory-equipped weapons. There are plenty more that play very similarly, like Super Laser, for example.

05-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Danmaku Unlimited, Astro Wings, Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Tyrian, E.D.F., Cosmic Birds, Jet Fighter Ace

to name a few. And that's just one's with inventory-equipped weapons. There are plenty more that play very similarly, like Super Laser, for example.
Wait wait wait... I'm sure this game is using some of Super Laser's sprites/art work.
Anyway, interesting game concept. Just gonna wait for a full version now.

Wow, the two above sentences don't relate to each other do they?