★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: HotGen Ltd.
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 14.8 MB
  • Version: 2.6.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: No more Banner Adverts!

Featured on iTunes as iPhone game of the week.

Introducing To-Fu: the world's most malleable martial artist.

Join our stretchy protagonist as he gets ready to undertake the infamous 'Trials of Chi'. Stretch, ping, stick and rebound our little hero through 190 levels of treacherous booby-traps and mystical mechanisms as you try to conquer the trials and help To-Fu become the illustrious 'Master of Chi'

WHAT THE PRESS SAY
---------------------------------

Croydon's own HotGen has made its iOS debut with a game of rare, elastic loveliness. Eurogamer (8/10)

A polished offering that captured our attention and made us use our noodles to solve some devious puzzles" - App Smile (4.5 / 5.0)

In a market filled with repetitive titles, To-Fu: The Trials of Chi provides a refreshingly fun approach to puzzle platforming that looks and sounds great. - AppSpy (4.0 / 5.0)

Looks great!" - The GameTrail (4.5 / 5.0)

"The level design keeps up with the ridiculous amount of obstacles and across the course of the 100 levels you'll see a lot of innovation" - Touch Arcade - (4.0 / 5.0)

FEATURES:
----------------

Unique Stretch Control: Stretch and ping To-Fu using nothing but your finger. Controls that are designed exclusively for touch-screen. No buttons required!

Substantial Challenge: 190 unique trials for To-Fu to master and perfect. Hours of gameplay and replay value.

Booby-Traps: A plethora of obstacles to overcome: including 5 different surface types alongside an abundance of taxing traps.

Truly Universal Experience: A game for everyone: from seasoned gamers to complete newcomers.

Retina Display: Take advantage of your extra resolution with crisp, high-resolution graphics.

NEW FEATURES:
------------------------

Game Center support with 22 Achievements.
French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese language support.
Unlock all Trials with an In App purchase
Golden To-Fu is now Free!
Purchasing Unlock Trials will also remove all adverts from the game.
Level Zoom out : A two fingered tap on screen now Zooms the camera out. Also if To-Fu is being stretched with one finger tap the screen with another finger to Zoom out and tap it once more to Zoom back in.

Tweaks, Changes and Bug fixes:
-------------------------------------------

Shortened To-Fus death animations.
Death animations can now be skipped by tapping the screen.
Collision fixes to some of the maps.

Thank you for all your suggestions and support, we really appreciate your feedback. Please keep the reviews and comments coming...

Join us:
http://www.facebook.com/tofuthegame

Follow us:
@HotGenLTD (http://twitter.com/hotgenltd)

Watch us:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HotGenVids

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=95318
05-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Will get this. I'm a big fan of Tofu. But $2.99 'Special Launch Price' ??? 'Truly Universal Experience' ???

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 05-25-2011 at 05:57 AM.

05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Buying as soon as it shows up.
05-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I feel really sad for people who have to resort to desperate illegal measures to download a game that costs less that a mcfkn happy meal! It's a measly couple dollars dude, support the devs! Their not asking for much at all! A couple dollars here and a couple dollars there.. for hours of awesome incredible innovative new conceptial games delivered instantly to your device! Where else can you buy happiness and excitement delivered instantly for a couple bucks? (other than a dodgey massage parlor at Thailand..) least you wont be regretting this later, after retelling the story to your doctor!

edit: Mr pirate deleted his comment
05-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatsMeow View Post
I feel really sad for people who have to resort to desperate illegal measures to download a game that costs less that a mcfkn happy meal! It's a measly couple dollars dude, support the devs! Their not asking for much at all! A couple dollars here and a couple dollars there.. for hours of awesome incredible innovative new conceptial games delivered instantly to your device! Where else can you buy happiness and excitement delivered instantly for a couple bucks? (other than a dodgey massage parlor at Thailand..) least you wont be regretting this later, after retelling the story to your doctor!

edit: Mr pirate deleted his comment

Agreed - the game looks great. And it was probably IMNS or someone because my post suggesting him to delete his, is also gone

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
05-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi guys, I just wanted to check-in one last time before the game is fully released.

Thank you for all your support and kind comments over the last few days, it really is appreciated, but most importantly from all of us here at To-Fu HQ, enjoy the game!
05-25-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm enjoying this game even more than I originally thought i would, so glad i only found out about this yesterday or I would have game release frustration, like I did with storm in a teacup..
The controls are AMAZING already left 5 star review,
Only purchased on iPad so far, bigger the screen the better..
Still can't believe how smooth the controls feel..I thought it'd feel a little awk but not at all! In love with this game already! The pink fortune cookie cat is the cutest thing I've ever seen.. Can't wait to see what other updates are coming to this amazingly awesome new game! I really thought I wouldn't need to buy another iTunes card for a while after spending 50 a month every month for about half a year..then this comes along..and mexiball..and red ball 3 and I had to buy another card! Sweet as!!!!! Any hints as to what we might see next?
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Really looking forward to it, instant buy!
05-25-2011, 01:06 PM
I was originally looking forward to red ball 3 more than this but after playing both, this wins hands down, easily..

The only very slight wonder I may have is whether or not the gameplay can evolve enough over the 100 levels to stay refreshing and non repetitive,
What would be awesome is if you introduce another character, in which you can get by eating a bean or something in later levels, which makes tofu have different powers, extra long stretches , or another one that makes tofu fling off a wall but instead of sticking to the wall he is super bouncy and pings all over the level, in a bonus round, collecting heaps of the blue circle things... Stuff like that being introduced later would make this even more incredible than it already is..and keep the gameplay awesome and fresh, because no doubt in a few months to come, the AppStore will be filled with tofu clones!

It was worth staying up til 4 am for it's going to be even later cause I can't stop playing it!!
05-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Edit* my iPad was glitching, sorry

Last edited by TheCatsMeow; 05-25-2011 at 02:53 PM.