★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THE GALACTIC COALITION NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Take to the skies as a STAR BLITZ FIGHTER on an intergalactic mission to defeat the evil Alien Xeno Cluster as they attempt to dominate the Arelon Prime, the homeworld of the Galactic Coalition. Unleash your powerful arsenal of LASERS, ELECTRONS and HOMING ROCKETS on the enemy as you work to out-maneuver and out-gun the Alien ships. Attack at the heart of the evil Cluster and restore faith in the Galactic Coalition!

USE REAL FRIENDS AS YOUR STAR BLITZ WINGMAN
Add your Game Center and Facebook friends to your Space fleet use your friends revolutionary ships to help protect you and destroy the Alien Enemy Clusters

FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE AND UPGRADABLE STARSHIPS
Connect body pieces to build a unique ship, and choose from an array of awesome weaponry to position on your spacecraft

CLASSIC GAMEPLAY WITH SPACE-AGE VISUALS
Destroy hundreds of squadrons of attacking aliens in awesome 3D Fighter Ships over stunning intergalactic backdrops

FOLLOW US:
facebook.com/StarBlitz
Twitter - @glumobile

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

05-25-2011, 05:45 AM
Space themed Gun Bros?

05-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
Space themed Gun Bros?
Gun Bros... Men vs Machines... Glu sure likes to reskin their games.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-25-2011, 06:28 AM
OM*G I hate Glu and their inane IAPs now!!! Worst of all, 3 of the same games with different art?
Seriously??? I loved Glu before they ventured away from payed apps. I had no problems when they moved on to payed games with IAP but their recent releases are just too expensive and !%#@ <- mind blank

Then again, since there's no one to confirm if this is another Gun Bros clone I'll withdraw my rage if I'm prove wrong (I long wished for this outcome).
05-25-2011, 06:55 AM
"Star Blitz", a game similar to "Meteor Blitz". That's worse than "Battle for Wesnoth" vs "War of Eustrath". Or maybe not...

I can understand the need to reskin, but come on Glu, make it less obvious... Nobody wants to play the exact same game 3 times. Or will you keep reskinning until something sticks? (Get it? Glue, stick...)

Be sure to check out Shadow Era, a trading card game now with almost 3 million players, cross-platform multiplayer for iPhone, Android, web, PC and Mac for FREE!
05-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Poole View Post
"Star Blitz", a game similar to "Meteor Blitz". That's worse than "Battle for Wesnoth" vs "War of Eustrath". Or maybe not...

I can understand the need to reskin, but come on Glu, make it less obvious... Nobody wants to play the exact same game 3 times. Or will you keep reskinning until something sticks? (Get it? Glue, stick...)
I'm sorry Kyle, but in what way is War of Eustrath (which was released as a PC title almost a decade ago) a copy of Battle for Wesnoth?
05-25-2011, 07:56 AM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
Yes. I downloaded and played it. Just a space theme of Gun Bros and MvM.
P.S.The spaceship move faster than GB and MvM.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog
05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
It seems odd that they're reskinning GB so frequently. I understand that reskinning is pretty standard within the freemium genre, but the way that Glu is doing it is a bit ridiculous. MvM has only a single level and GB has been abandoned with major bugs left in place. Instead of improving on the already existing games, are they hoping that some people will keep buying $50 IAPs every other month for a game that will get left in the dust?
05-25-2011, 08:41 AM
well, I read what u said above guys, but there is nothing to lose...so I will give it a try for 0 buck

I love this world!
05-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I'm sorry Kyle, but in what way is War of Eustrath (which was released as a PC title almost a decade ago) a copy of Battle for Wesnoth?
I'm pretty sure it was a parody. War of Eustrath v Battle of Wesnoth. Nice one!