Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-26-2011, 04:00 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Default Companions - Dungeon-Crawler/RPG by smuttlewerk interactive

"It's pretty rare to see an iOS strategy game that not only has a captivating story, sound gameplay mechanics, and challenging difficulty, but also manages to accomplish all this while not being a tower defense derivative. Companions manages to achieve all this and more, and leads to a great experience for those iPad owners looking to try out a real strategy game." TA Review

Last edited by smuttlegiaco; 08-24-2011 at 02:30 PM..
Old 05-26-2011, 04:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Haven't been following this game's progress, but it looks interesting enough to take a chance on. I understand it's a tower defense/rpg cross sort of thing? Or am I off on that? In any case going to pick it up so guess I'll shortly find out.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:26 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Finally! Been waiting for this for a while. Downloading ...
Old 05-26-2011, 05:29 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
Finally! Been waiting for this for a while. Downloading ...
+1
Old 05-26-2011, 05:56 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default Please b good

Been waiting for this, someone pls review.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:23 AM
iPad mini 2

Rouge-like meaning no touchpad, but click to move. Had I known I wouldn't have brought it, but a least I can hope the developer ads a pad. Other than a few spelling errors the game seems polished and like an interesting take on the Dungeon Crawler. The graphic seems a bit too tiny for my liking, but again that is a personal preference.

Not a bad game so far, but I am not blown away either.

Last edited by Leegames; 05-26-2011 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Only done the tutorial so far. My main concern from the previews was that things on the screen may be too small. It was unfounded, though. Controls are straight-forward and intuitive, at least once you get the hang of using two fingers to scroll. There are some tiny spelling/grammar errors here and there, and I think "loads" should really be replaced with "charges". And I prefer Tolkien's "elves" and "dwarves" over "elfs" an "dwarfs". But this is just nitpicking. The writing is good and humorous.

Combat sounds and effects could be a bit more impressive (missing the "oomph!" feeling somehow!), but I really haven't played long and the first impressions are definitely positive. I know what game I'll spend the evening with ...
Old 05-26-2011, 06:41 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

It's great to see this on the app store. I've been involved (in a small way) with this game for quite a while and it is a very nice tactical dungeon crawler. The party control mechanics are well designed. Don't worry that there's no pad style control - the control method is good and suits the game perfectly.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Very initial impressions are very positive so far. Spent around an hour with it and feel like I've barely scratched the surface though, so anything resembling any kind of an in-depth review will have to wait - that alone though, says something in itself in this app store world.

If you've been waiting for this one though, I feel it's safe to say purchase with confidence on what I've seen so far.

One minor niggle: item description window should come up above where you tap, not below where it is obscured by your finger. Obvious really, and a strange implementation.

I'll echo the grammar/spelling issues as well: more important in a game like this than in certain other genres and really would benefit from more thorough proofreading.

Main thing though: the overall experience is absorbing to this point and I'm looking forward to getting back into it.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Congratulations Smuttlegiaco! Purchased and downloading now.