★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Problem with AppShopper app

05-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Problem with AppShopper app

Hi all - hope this is an okay place to post this - if not, happy for it to be moved.

I'm having trouble with the AppShopper app. The problem is I'm not getting push notifications of price drops (wishlist), even though I have these enabled in both the app and in my ipod (Touch, 4G) settings. I was getting them fine, until the past month or so. I have also tried removing the app and re-downloading it.

I have tried emailing support@appshopper.com but I never get a response. Are they normally bad at replying to emails, or am I just unlucky?

Finally, on a less serious, slightly related note... can somebody please tell Marianne Schultz to stop capitalising every word in her headlines :P It kinda grinds my gears. Example: 'PSN Status' Tells You if PlayStation Network Is Up or Down

Thanks to anyone who can help.
05-26-2011, 03:21 PM
hi, there was an issue but it was fixed last week.

Are you still not getting pushes in the past week?

arn

05-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Hi Arn, nope, there was a price drop I wasn't informed of just yesterday.
05-26-2011, 09:40 PM
I've turned my push notifications for both price drops and app updates and will see if I get them or not. Normally I don't have them on to conserve power.
05-27-2011, 12:09 PM
ok,

we should have fixed it. Let me know if it's still not working for you.

arn
05-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I've like to add that I've been getting e-mail notifications continually although I've gone into my appshopper profile (through the pc) and have unchecked all of the notification boxes and saved. Not sure why I'm still getting these e-mails. Any help with this? Or is it something other than my oversight?
05-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Assuming your AppShopper user is "Coldar" as well, I see you still have wishlist price drops and wishlist updates email notifications selected. you should be able to unselect those here:

http://appshopper.com/profile

thanks,
chris
06-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks for sorting this out - I can confirm that all the push notifications are working for me now.

Another question: I use the appshopper.com importer to update my list of owned games, but it doesn't seem to remove games from "my apps" that I've long since uninstalled.

Is this a bug, or has it not been implemented yet? Its annoying seeing updates for games that I haven't had for a long time...
06-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrberni View Post
Assuming your AppShopper user is "Coldar" as well, I see you still have wishlist price drops and wishlist updates email notifications selected. you should be able to unselect those here:

http://appshopper.com/profile

thanks,
chris
Edit: Ah, I see.. I've got two accounts. Problem corrected. Thanks Chris.
Really love this app btw.

Last edited by Coldar; 06-02-2011 at 05:54 PM.
06-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiAcer View Post
Another question: I use the appshopper.com importer to update my list of owned games, but it doesn't seem to remove games from "my apps" that I've long since uninstalled. Is this a bug, or has it not been implemented yet? Its annoying seeing updates for games that I haven't had for a long time...
On reflection of this, it's good that it keeps note of which games you've owned so that you don't redownload them, but I find it annoying that we still get update notifications (for example) of apps that we've uninstalled. Perhaps there could be a third list... My apps, wish list and uninstalled (or previously owned)?