★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mod Monkeys
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 15.0 MB
  • Version: 3.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: In Birdy Bounce, you control a young bird on its way up to the sky using the accelerometer of your iOS device. Be warned, the way ahead is dangerous and many birds before you fell to their death. Only the fittest will survive this dangerous travel - how far can you get?

The gameplay experience provides a vast amount of different platform types you can use to jump higher and higher. There are breakable, moving or thorny platforms and even some that give you a turbo boost and some that vanish before your eyes when you aren't fast enough.

The levels of Birdy Bounce are generated by an intelligent level randomization algorithm which provides a new experience every time you play. Impossible situations are being avoided to keep the fun for a long time.

HIGHLIGHTS:
- Easy to learn yet hard to master gameplay
- Highly intelligent level randomization algorithm
- Nine completely different platform types
- Special effects like shield upgrades or turbo boosts
- Both scripted and randomized level sequences
- Evolving world appearance the higher you get
- Game Center leaderboards

Mod Monkeys's comments:
Hey guys,

Birdy Bounce, the game I already wrote about in the Mac App Store section, is now available for iOS (both iPad and iPhone) for the amazing price of nothing.

The aim of the game is to get as high as you can, it features both a local and online highscore. The level is randomly generated using both completely random segments and speciel scripted sequences with shield powerups or speciel platform patterns.

The game uses a (in my opinion) very fair iAd implementation, there will sometimes be ads at the top of the screen (I chose the top instead of the bottom that noone will accidentially click on an ad if he doesn't want to) so make sure to check it out.

You can have a look at some additional Screenshots or Gameplay Videos at the Birdy Bounce website.

Feel free to post any questions or feedback you might have.
05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for a very fun game with crisp graphics and a nice bouncing sound effect. I hope you can continue to develop this and perhaps add Game Center support. I haven't seen any ads yet after a few minutes of gameplay, but if you continue to enhance it and offer an ad-free paid version, I will support it.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

05-27-2011, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I will add an ad-free version as soon as possible, but I don't know yet whether I should use in-app purchases or a seperate download though.

Rating Birdy Bounce in the App Store would be nice!
05-27-2011, 05:40 AM
cute game
05-27-2011, 07:35 PM
I have spent a bunch of time with this, and not that I am complaining, but I have yet to see an ad.

I am not sure why such simple gameplay can be so compelling... thanks again. Oh, and I posted my review a few days ago. I only gave it 4 stars because it lacks Game Center, but I may have to up things a point ;-). After all it is free and addicting.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
06-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Great to hear that you like it.

The iAd filling rates are pretty random, so it can very well be that you don't see an iAd for days. A lot of developers implement iAd and Admob together to be able to always show an ad, but I thought it's just fair to stay with iAd only.

Oh and thanks for the review!
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I have spent a bunch of time with this, and not that I am complaining, but I have yet to see an ad.

I am not sure why such simple gameplay can be so compelling... thanks again. Oh, and I posted my review a few days ago. I only gave it 4 stars because it lacks Game Center, but I may have to up things a point ;-). After all it is free and addicting.
If the developer uses iAd, it depends on your regional then the available app will be in. Otherwise, it's pretty much like an ads free version.

Btw, we have 2 doodle jumps like already in N&N this week, coming this time won't be good to be sure a download even at its free price.

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
06-10-2011, 11:22 PM

yeah~thank for your sharing!
07-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Pretty positive feedback so far The iAd filling rates are very low in some countries, a lot of people haven't seen an iAd for days. Although iAd earnings are pretty low so far, they might be high enough to make up for the developer fee and server costs.

As soon as I have more free time I will work on the release of an ad-free version as an in-app purchase.

The Mac Version is currently on sale for $0.99 btw. Make sure to check it out if you happen to be a Mac user.