Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Administrator
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Squares (Strategy/puzzle game)

http://appshopper.com/games/squares-3

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=308622457&mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up

an interesting puzzle game.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:54 PM

"So, my son is supposed to be doing his homework, and I don't know what my husband is supposed to be doing, but what they are actually doing is playing Squares."

lol
Old 04-15-2009, 02:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Simple gameplay with a balanced presentation. A nice pick up and play puzzle for that minute free. Good find!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:49 AM

Default Promo code giveaway for Squares

It was very nice of toucharcade.com to mention Squares!

PM me if you'd like a promo code to check it out.

More info about Squares can be found at http://squares.ciretose.com

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 PM

Default Perfect Squares! level - YouTube video

It is possible to complete Squares with a perfect score. The first level is completed with 4 Yellow squares, the second level is completed with all Green squares. I captured this with the iPhone Simulator while working on an update to Squares (among other things, the next version will include new sounds and Chinese localization).

YouTube link (audio in video is not part of game)
Old 04-22-2009, 11:51 PM
iPad

Welcome to TA and thanks for the code. Are you working on another game?
Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 AM

DaveMc99 -

Thanks! Squares is my first go at a game for the iPhone/iPod touch. Now that I have a feel for how the process works, I have started on a couple other ideas which are in the planning stages, but nothing to show or demo yet. I'm still trying to absorb as much info as possible around all the "administrivia" of putting together a game, trying to promote it, the right things to do, what not to do, etc, etc, etc...

I have been keeping a running pseudo-blog about sales, issues with the AppStore, my attempts at promoting the app, etc on my website (see sig) if you are interested.

In short - I have had a blast, it has been great fun - fun enough to want to keep going at it.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:08 PM

Bumping this thread to say I have tried the game and my frustration is I am having trouble figuring out how the 'wrap' works (i.e. a diagonal arrow on an end square). I try and follow the path in my head to predict which square it will flip, but it seems completely random and the square I predict never flips. So the inability to work with the end pieces is giving me trouble Advice/suggestions?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Bumping this thread to say I have tried the game and my frustration is I am having trouble figuring out how the 'wrap' works (i.e. a diagonal arrow on an end square). I try and follow the path in my head to predict which square it will flip, but it seems completely random and the square I predict never flips. So the inability to work with the end pieces is giving me trouble Advice/suggestions?
Let's say the square at the bottom right and the arrow points south east.

Then the square that flips is the one on the top left corner.

If the middle square on the bottom row has the same arrow then the square that flips is the 4th square on the top row

Does that help?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:39 PM

I guess my difficulty is that I am trying to follow the path. Like, if it is a straight up and down arrow, you can see where it wil go even if the path is being followed off-screen due to a wrap. But it feels like the way you are describing it, that is not happening with the non-straight arrows. It would be easier if there was a rule, like 'one row up and one square over' or something. I am not really following how it works with the way it is being described

Fwiw I have a REALLY bad sense of direction in the real world, I don't know if that's what is messing me up. I do know how to follow a map, but I am not very intuitive about it and did not realize this was a skill required for the game...