★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: UNIWAR Bugs

04-14-2009, 08:29 PM
UNIWAR Bugs

Since the UNIWAR forums aren't up yet, let's collect known UNIWAR issues here to better help the developer reproduce and fix them.
04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
For some reason, the game kept crashing when I was trying to enter a certain online match.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.

04-14-2009, 08:32 PM
The app seems to hang when changing account settings.

Feature request - Change the layout so that the confirm buttons are on the right corner instead of the left. That way it conforms to Apple's UI guidelines and it makes it easier to play when holding it with your right hand.
04-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Issue: PROFILE-HANG

Description: When updating your profile (for example, to turn on email notification), it hangs.

To reproduce: Headquarters->My Account->Update->Enter Password->Update.

Gets to "updating account" status indicator and hangs. Only an app restart fixes it. Note that changing some setting on the screen is *not* required - although that is how most people will discover it, probably.
04-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
I havent had any problems with the game so far.
04-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Issue: AI-BUILDBASE

When playing a human, you cannot build out of a base than has an enemy (non capturing) unit on it, since when you tap the base, you select the enemy instead. Playing against the CPU, however, I've had my unit on an enemy base destroyed instantly when the CPU built a unit there.

This doesn't occur if it is the last base, the AI must have at least one other base.

Last edited by beeonrope; 04-18-2009 at 07:38 PM.
04-14-2009, 08:56 PM
This probably wouldn't be considered a bug but here goes...
When I made an account for the online play, I expected to be playing a couple of games leisurely. I used the random game feature and was up and running. A little while later I found that I was part of more games. As of this writing I am in 17 games, none of which I can keep track of or even want to play. I can't seem to remove these games without surrendering and possibly hurting my ranking.

BTW I just wasted over an hour and a half playing this game and I love it. This is just what the iPhone needed and with a full set of features. WOW!!
04-14-2009, 09:01 PM
A problem I've had was when trying to register, I pressed the username field to type in my username. After typing the username, I pressed done then the screen went black while still playing the Uniwars music. Pressed the home button to quit out of the app because the registering wouldn't work. Happened to me every single time I tried to register.
04-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
This probably wouldn't be considered a bug but here goes...
When I made an account for the online play, I expected to be playing a couple of games leisurely. I used the random game feature and was up and running. A little while later I found that I was part of more games. As of this writing I am in 17 games, none of which I can keep track of or even want to play. I can't seem to remove these games without surrendering and possibly hurting my ranking.

BTW I just wasted over an hour and a half playing this game and I love it. This is just what the iPhone needed and with a full set of features. WOW!!
Did you make yourself "available for invites" in your profile? I have the same behavior, and I think this is the cause. Basically, anyone can see on in the "Available Players" area, and tap you to create a game.
04-15-2009, 09:48 PM
I have the same problem where I can't change my settings. I accidently turned off e mail notifications and I can't turn it back on because it freezes.