★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Just a Ball

05-27-2011, 04:55 AM
Just a Ball

First game, first experiences with programming

what do you think about this game?

Video iPad :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDV_-...layer_embedded

Last edited by AngryOrange; 05-27-2011 at 08:06 AM.
05-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
At first you should learn to take a better Thread title ...

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

05-27-2011, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
At first you should learn to take a better Thread title ...
agree

i like it, but you should choose to publish it during the world cup or something...good timing really improves game rating
05-27-2011, 06:49 AM
what is wrong with my thread title ? : It's nothing but the truth

05-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryOrange View Post
what is wrong with my thread title ? : It's nothing but the truth

If you don't know that ... it makes no sense to tell it ...

05-27-2011, 07:26 AM

Add something like this in the first post,

Graphics looks nice, but there is not enough going on. You need more powerups, obstacles, and in general more weight for the game to stand out a little, looking at the screenshots. Physics puzzlers are all too many in the appstore so it takes a lot to stand out. Also change the title of the thread to the game's title if you can, probably will bring in more people. Lastly, a gameplay video is a must on here.

Currently Playing: Pocket RPG, Tentacle Wars, Oh My Heroes, Minigore 2, Mini Motor Racing, Eufloria, Swordigo
05-27-2011, 08:28 AM
The iPhone app reviews

Just a Ball Proves That Physics can be Fun!

Ask me years ago, as I sat in physics class, if I ever felt that the word physics and fun would be utilized in the same sentence to describe a video game, and I likely would have chuckled. Fast forward to the present, and indeed, I can honestly say that the physics element, coupled with the puzzle gameplay found within Just a Ball by AngryOrange, was down right enjoyable, if not addictive. Those of you who watched the video app review may realize that I personally am not a physics expert, but boy do I enjoy trying, and polishing my skills at the same time.

Just a Ball challenges you to put the ball into the box. Sound simple? Ah, well then, I challenge you to a level my friend. In fact, there are many levels, and each brain teasing, physic busting, logic testing level will give your mind a work out, while causing occasional outbursts of laughter, and moments of “its off the rim (of the box)” cheers.

Just a Ball provides you with a 21 levels of challenging and problem solving addictive fun. You are presented with a variety of materials to maneuver within each level, and these items, such as tin cans, barriers, and more, aid you in your ball boxing adventure. By strategically placing the materials, and with a little luck, you too can help guide the ball safely home to the box.

The graphics of Just a Ball are superb. They are very sharp, clear, and almost lifelike, with an added feel of depth. I played the app on the iPad and this environment was perfect, as it was less constricting and provided a larger realm to enjoy the gameplay. The music too were cheery and welcoming, and for those who tire of them, you may disable the music from the apps home screen options.

Last edited by AngryOrange; 05-27-2011 at 08:32 AM.
05-27-2011, 08:30 AM
It starts to be spam ...