★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Super Laser: The Alien Fighter - FREE

05-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Super Laser: The Alien Fighter - FREE

05-27-2011, 10:54 PM
This is a classic and still one of the best shmups out there.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

05-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
This is a classic and still one of the best shmups out there.
Absolutely...not!

I love this world!
05-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulderino View Post
Absolutely...not!
Yes. It is.

It has some of the best art, and very creative enemy AI (patterns) as well as interesting weapon types, especially the lock-on laser.

It's also one of the more seminal games on the app store, believe it or not. I'll bet if we polled all the developers who've made an iOS shmup over the past year, almost as many would cite this game as an influence on their work as something by CAVE.

In any case, Super Laser holds up remarkably well and you'd be wrong to suggest it's not a great game to pick up, especially for free.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
05-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Yes. It is.

It has some of the best art, and very creative enemy AI (patterns) as well as interesting weapon types, especially the lock-on laser.

It's also one of the more seminal games on the app store, believe it or not. I'll bet if we polled all the developers who've made an iOS shmup over the past year, almost as many would cite this game as an influence on their work as something by CAVE.

In any case, Super Laser holds up remarkably well and you'd be wrong to suggest it's not a great game to pick up, especially for free.
NONONO wait...for free it's ok...all it's ok for free, also a punch or a stab!
But I've played many shoot 'em up games and only when I was playing this one ( with touch controls, I hate tilt) I had felt a real pain to my finger! No more fun then! Deleted it...this was my only issue and for this completely subjective reason I don't like the game.
But guys feel free to download it and play it to death, maybe my finger is too sensitive LOL

I love this world!
03-29-2012, 11:53 AM

That is all

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
03-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulderino View Post
Absolutely...not!
Don't be a hater. Not one of my favorites but an excellent shmup nonetheless. 4* game. Better than many shmups released today and it's more than two years old.
03-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCranium666 View Post
Don't be a hater. Not one of my favorites but an excellent shmup nonetheless. 4* game. Better than many shmups released today and it's more than two years old.
Old post is old.

Anyways, I'll pick this up later...

GameCenter ID: 0-FeliX-0
Hyped Up For: Wil's Finest Hour
03-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Yes. It is.

I agree.

This was one of the first really great shmups on the app store. Of course, now there are far better ones, but it's still worth a play (especially for free).

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind