★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Mighty Fin (aquatic take on the Tiny Wings formula)

05-28-2011, 03:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Mighty Fin (aquatic take on the Tiny Wings formula)

Like in Tiny Wings, you play as an animal who has to swoop gracefully through rows of coins to obtain a high score. In Mighty Fin, though, you play as a bug-eyed fish. When your fish is underwater, you can hold down on the screen to dive, then release to let your fish jump out of the water.

There are eight levels for you to splash around in, and they add increasingly complex, random patterns of platforms and enemies. If you hit any reef or predator, it's game over. The eight levels are fairly short, lasting only a minute or two apiece, but you can also replay each one in an unlockable endless mode.

The rhythmic gameplay is a lot of fun, and we had trouble stopping ourselves from playing through the whole game in one sitting. In addition to Game Center leaderboards for each level, you can try to unlock funny gear for your fish, like a snorkel, Hulk Hogan 'stache, or afro with a hair pick.

Another fun touch? At the end of each level, you can help Fin make one final jump out of the water, and fly off into the sky. Mighty Fin will be available in the App Store in a few weeks, so be sure to keep an eye out for this strong swimmer.
05-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Tiny Wings meets The Fish Dies in the End, eh? Looks great!

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix
05-29-2011, 10:53 AM
haha, love how the fish gives the serious look at "a dangerous vacation"
I like the combination of tiny wings and some shark flash game (which name I can't remember) - however the store - I wish customers wouldn't be drawn to something cheesy like that
Hate such item gadget stuff, personally.
But you gotta give the customer what he wants, right
Congrats on the level of polishment alltogether !

15 Coins - @Toucharcade

My humble Portfolio: www.acumen-design.de/blog
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/fabi_smith
05-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Looks really great. Loving the style.

Game source code for PC, Mac, Linux and iOS here.
05-29-2011, 12:13 PM
I think it's cool. For I have the same idea, but you realize it!
Great job,You bitch,I love it so much.

Wolfdad Blow
Wolfdad Lite