★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Toast Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.5 MB
  • Version: 1.05
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Ninjascape is an easy to learn arcade game with 40 action packed levels to overcome. Control your ninja to help him escape enemies throughout each challenge. Experience realistic physics as you climb to the top of online leaderboards provided by Game Center.
If you like games similar to "N, Way of the Ninja", then you will enjoy Ninjascape.

Toast Games's comments:
I just released my new game Ninjascape for iPhone and iPod Touch.

Description:
Ninjascape is an easy to learn arcade game with 40 action packed levels to overcome. Control your ninja to help him escape enemies throughout each challenge. Experience realistic physics as you climb to the top of online leaderboards provided by Game Center.

Here's a link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ninjascape/id439074286?mt=8

05-29-2011, 10:32 PM
familiar

i've seen this somewhere before...on ds i think

05-29-2011, 11:15 PM
And Kongregate, and Newgrounds...

It's N+, down to the character design.
05-30-2011, 02:47 AM
I wonder if this plays as good. If so, I may just buy it so I can have N on my ipod. It'll probably get removed if he didn't get approval from the original developer.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
05-30-2011, 05:24 AM
Man, I was hooked on N+ when I had the PSP but I don't want to buy this before knowing that it plays just as smooth as the original.

*signature for rent*
05-30-2011, 05:51 AM
@Toastgames:
do you have permission from Metanet Software to use their assets? Although they made the original N as free software, they also have commercial product on XBLA, DS and PSP.

If not, i'm pretty sure you're not allowed to sell your game as-is- why not redo the art? If the engine is good, this can become completely your own game, rather than it being an obvious ripoff of somebody else's work.

I feel bad for sounding a bit too negative here, but this kind of thing happens a little too often on the appstore, and is definitely not cool.
05-30-2011, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DusT_HounD View Post
@Toastgames:
do you have permission from Metanet Software to use their assets? Although they made the original N as free software, they also have commercial product on XBLA, DS and PSP.

If not, i'm pretty sure you're not allowed to sell your game as-is- why not redo the art? If the engine is good, this can become completely your own game, rather than it being an obvious ripoff of somebody else's work.

I feel bad for sounding a bit too negative here, but this kind of thing happens a little too often on the appstore, and is definitely not cool.
Exactly. They even ripped off the "n" logo. The original N was freeware, not Open Source.

On the other side. Any impressions? lol. If the controls aren't 100% perfect, the game will be impossible.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Look kinda fun. Do you have some video clips so that I can have a further understanding of it. Thank you.
05-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi all, I will start out by saying that from my knowledge, Metanet has not seen this game. The gameplay is not exact to N, Way of the Ninja. All levels are original and there are many key aspects of Ninjascape different as well. The graphics and logo are very similar in order to attract attention to an already popular game with a strong community.

As for the controls, I will honestly say this was my biggest concern in making this game and spend ample time making sure it works seamlessly. The controls ended up working better than I thought, and keep this game easy to pick up but with challenging level design.

I hope this helps,
- Toast Games
05-30-2011, 09:38 AM
After playing the game for a little bit I think the controls are a little unresponsive sometimes which is a really bad thing for a game like this where having to push a button repeatedly equals death. The controls need some work before I would recommend this game to any fan of N+.