★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Part Spider, Part Velociraptor, it's Velocispider!!! Take control of a heavily armed araknasaur in this retro arcade shoot-em-up.

Your delicious endangered eggs have attracted the taste buds of the evil CEO of the Robot Seafood Corporation. He will stop at nothing to feast on your eggs, defend them from his relentless army of aquatic robot beasts.

IGN: "The best dinosaur spider cyborg game ever created."

Touch Arcade: "Velocispider is a ton of fun. The game is gorgeous, in a pixel art and chiptune sort of way. The art is full of character, and that character is super ridiculous. I can't decide if I love the drop sharks (manta rays?) or the bomber whales more."

Games Radar: "It's a simple arcade-like shooter, but Velocispider's sharp aesthetics and approachable play mechanics make for a stellar iOS experience that's an easy recommendation on both iPad and iPhone."

In your arsenal:-
Awesome power ups
Game Center leaderboards
Sweet pixel art
Thumping tunes
Smooth tilt controls
Game Center achievements
Retina & Universal app support

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

TouchArcade Review: http://toucharcade.com/2011/05/31/velocispider-review/
05-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Linkoidz is so good that I cant pass on this one... waiting for midnight

05-31-2011, 05:50 AM
How do people come up with these ideas....

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
05-31-2011, 05:56 AM
This one is a no-brainer for me to pick up. Definitely can't wait for this one!

*signature for rent*
05-31-2011, 06:00 AM
I will be getting this ASAP. Not real keen on tilt controls generally, but Retro Dreamer rocks so I'm sure it will be good.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
05-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I will be getting this ASAP. Not real keen on tilt controls generally, but Retro Dreamer rocks so I'm sure it will be good.
+1
I typically prefer touch controls over tilt. Still though, sold on the graphics alone. That, and it looks like a really excellent take on the SpaceInvaders/Galaga style gameplay.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
+1
I typically prefer touch controls over tilt. Still though, sold on the graphics alone. That, and it looks like a really excellent take on the SpaceInvaders/Galaga style gameplay.
Not a bug fan of the gameplay, but first sseeing the graphics was a seller for me anyways. Hope they later add touch controls in as an update.

Waiting for: Airborne Troopers, Mini Motor Racing. Minisquadron 2, Tweetland, Car Jack Streets 2, Drive Forever, Turf Geography Club, Junk Jack!!
Twitter: @nkatti
Proud Beta Tester of over 30 Games!
05-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
+1
Me too dude. Lovin' those pixels!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
I totally missed the tilt controls at first 'cause I was so wrapped up in the graphics and the soundtrack. Lack of touch controls notwithstanding, this is right up my alley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Damien View Post
Are you serious ? Are you pro ?
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Insta-buy tonight, along with possibly Robo Surf. Lovin' those pixels.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero