★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Colorbox
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 13.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: **** 2 million downloads for only 4 days, this is a winner ****

With his parents away at work, a tiny bird must protect his brothers and sisters - still just eggs! - from an advancing army of evildoers intent on stealing them.

This is the challenge of Rip Off, where you control a ninja-like bird capable of slashing through countless enemies.

Features:

- A unique game concept: Slash across the screen to destroy enemies and keep all eggs safe!

- An easy to play but difficult to master arcade game with tons of objectives to complete!

- Tons of unique and challenging enemies, all with special moves and powers!

- Tons of trophies to unlock that can be used to customize your game!

- Leaderboards & Achievements with GameCenter!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=95872
05-31-2011, 07:17 AM
This borrows heavily from Patapon.
At least in the graphics department.
I don't know how this game plays but I will probably check it out.

05-31-2011, 07:33 AM
Pata-Pata-Pata-Pon
05-31-2011, 07:42 AM
LOL! When i opened it, first thing came to my mind was a patapon game. Nice graphics! It really looks interesting!
05-31-2011, 07:46 AM
The graphics are intriguing. I'm totally hooked. I just think the price is a bit high. Stay tuned.
05-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Interesting Game

wow....nice graphics
05-31-2011, 08:02 AM
The graphics look like a hybrid of Patapon and Angry Birds but the gameplay sounds a little closer to Fruit Ninja. Sure they might be "inspired" by a few other games, but how they stuck them together looks damn original!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-31-2011, 08:25 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
05-31-2011, 09:44 AM
Game Impressions

I just got my own preview copy of the game (the iPad HD version) and it is a blast!

Going by graphics alone it looks like you are controlling an Angry Fruit Ninja Bird as you fight off endless waves of Patapon like baddies! While the graphics and mechanics are clearly inspired by other games, this combination is nothing but entirely original!

You control a bird that is nearly invulnerable and need to send him to and fro to slash the baddies coming for your eggs (since your character just hatched himself, I guess technically they are your unborn brothers and sisters).

The only control in the game is a simple tap to tell where you want your bird to go and he will race to it at lighting speed from wherever he is at the moment (no need to land first). At the same time you'll need to take into account gravity as, whenever not slashing about, your bird is falling back down to earth (not that hitting the ground is a problem for your bird).

If keeping the endless waves of baddies away from the eggs wasn't enough to keep your wings full, there are the deadly bomb baddies. These are the one type of baddy you can't slash (you just need to let them pass by unmolested and, lucky for you, they have no interest in the eggs). If you bump a bomb baddy or allow all of the eggs to be taken off screen, the game is over.

Add on top of all of this the game's series of Tiny Wings/Rooftop Escape like objectives constantly being dished out that will increase your base point multipliers once completed. The key to big points is, much like Fruit Ninja, to wait for the baddies to cluster in such a way so that you can take out as large a group as possible in a single slash.

I love the huge variety of baddies that each come at and attempt to steal your eggs in unique ways (like mole men that just pop up right next to one of your eggs to drag it off to some flying guys that will try to suck your eggs away using some sort of tractor beam from halfway across the screen)!

5/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-31-2011, 01:21 PM
When I see Rip Off, I think of the real game Rip Off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rip-Off

Too bad this is nothing like it.

Rixx

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656