★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Colorbox
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (3)
App description: **** 2 million downloads for only 4 days, this is a winner ****

With his parents away at work, a tiny bird must protect his brothers and sisters - still just eggs! - from an advancing army of evildoers intent on stealing them.

This is the challenge of Rip Off, where you control a ninja-like bird capable of slashing through countless enemies.

Features:

- A unique game concept: Slash across the screen to destroy enemies and keep all eggs safe!

- An easy to play but difficult to master arcade game with tons of objectives to complete!

- Tons of unique and challenging enemies, all with special moves and powers!

- Tons of trophies to unlock that can be used to customize your game!

- Leaderboards & Achievements with Game Center!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad Version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=95871
05-31-2011, 05:55 AM
I'll say this for the Colorbox crew--they really have some talented artists. They consistently release things that just look like something I'd want to play.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

05-31-2011, 06:35 AM
A video would be really helpful. Like what kind of gameplay is this exactly? The description reads like Fruit Ninja, but the images look like a cross between Angry Birds and Patapon.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-31-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
A video would be really helpful. Like what kind of gameplay is this exactly? The description reads like Fruit Ninja, but the images look like a cross between Angry Birds and Patapon.
I would say yes to all of those. Probably you gesture to cut things much like in Fruit Ninja, but instead of a blade you have a bird. This is just a guess though.

It's interesting that with all those influences, they chose to call this game "Rip Off." I guess this is some sort of ironic statement?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
05-31-2011, 07:29 AM
Those nice GFX remind me of Patapon. I'd love to play Patapon on iOS

Waiting for some vids & reviews to see if i'll grab it.

FL!ppY on TA
OF, Crystal : FL!ppY
Plus+ : FLippY38
GC : FL!ppY38
05-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Out of the games being released tonight this is the one I'm most interested in

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
05-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Nice looking game!
05-31-2011, 07:53 AM
I can't wait to see this in action for myself!

The graphics look like a fun hybrid of Patapon and Angry Birds and I know it is a game about protecting your eggs...but I too am way too curious as to how it actually works.

I see you control a bird and take out the enemies by slicing them so, there you go, it even has a touch of Fruit Ninja!

I see the bird is different in each of the screen shots and have to wonder is it the same bird using different powers or does the player get to choose a bird from the start that gives him some unique powers through the game?

I also see by one of the screen shots they're using the Rooftop Escape (and Tiny Wings) like objectives to earn score multipliers, very cool!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-31-2011, 08:29 AM

This is the game trailer!

Cheers,
Antony

Ell Tee
(aka. Antony)
05-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antony.thai View Post
This is the game trailer!

Cheers,
Antony
Ahhhh I see now. So all of the Patapon-like enemies are trying to make off with your eggs, and you destroy them with swipe attacks.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind