★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: VAVA games
  • Genre:
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Donald in Magicland is a classic platform game set in a stunning fantasy enviroment. Attractive graphics, memorable characters and an unforgettable adventure will immerge you into hours of quality gameplay.

The plot revolves around Donald, the little wizard, who sets out to save princess Laura, king Harold's daughter and sole heir. Laura has been kidnapped by the dark wizard Ronald and taken to his castle far away from Harold's kingdom. Now Donald has to cross great distances, discover new lands and battle multitudes of mystical creatures sent before him by Ronald, all in an attempt to save Laura and restore peace in his kingdom once again.

Lead Donald on his epic quest to find Laura and travel through 13 beautiful hand-drawn, high-res levels, filled with magic and danger. 15 different kinds of opponents will stand in your path, but be mindful some of them migh in fact help you on your way. Defeat mighty Ronald in an epic end-game battle and make a name for yourself in the history of Magicland!

Features:

Retina display support.
13 hand-drawn levels.
15 different enemy types.
Epic end-game battle.
Various in-game features.

Classic action platformers return in style, with Donald in Magicland.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Donald in Magicland is a classic platform game set in a stunning fantasy enviroment. Attractive graphics, memorable characters and an unforgettable adventure will immerge you into hours of quality gameplay.

The plot revolves around Donald, the little wizard, who sets out to save princess Laura, king Harold's daughter and sole heir. Laura has been kidnapped by the dark wizard Ronald and taken to his castle far away from Harold's kingdom. Now Donald has to cross great distances, discover new lands and battle multitudes of mystical creatures sent before him by Ronald, all in an attempt to save Laura and restore peace in his kingdom once again.

Lead Donald on his epic quest to find Laura and travel through 13 beautiful hand-drawn, high-res levels, filled with magic and danger. 15 different kinds of opponents will stand in your path, but be mindful some of them migh in fact help you on your way. Defeat mighty Ronald in an epic end-game battle and make a name for yourself in the history of Magicland!

Features:

▸ Retina display support.
▸ 13 hand-drawn levels.
▸ 15 different enemy types.
▸ Epic end-game battle.
▸ Various in-game features.

Classic action platformers return in style, with Donald in Magicland.

05-31-2011, 06:59 AM
Was expecting a Disney game like Duck Tale, but i'm wrong

Seems to be a great game though

FL!ppY on TA
OF, Crystal : FL!ppY
Plus+ : FLippY38
GC : FL!ppY38

05-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Came expecting Donald Duck, was disappointed.
05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
13 levels only?
Donald? Where is Donald Duck? This is McDonald's! Cruel joke
And what about the magic land? I can't see anything magical in fishes, bees and cannons.
This is a joke, I'm sure the game does not even exist...I will not even check...but I'll take the matter with humor: ah ah ah

I love this world!
05-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Somehow the trailer reminds me of Ronald McDonald.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
05-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Interesting. I want to know about powerups, level design and if there are any bosses, as well as how long the levels are. 13 levels doesn't sound like a ton of content. The backgrounds look really great though. It does look like it could do with a bit more detail in the animation, however. For example, the stomped enemies just disappearing kinda bugs me. How about one frame with something simple, like a puff of smoke (or something similarly magic-like) just so there's some some of feedback that the creature is gone. The lack of anything there is kind of distracting to me.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
05-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
does this have tilt controls? or is it a touch on the left side to move left/right side to move right/touch both sides to jump type of control?
05-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
no donald duck?
We all had this reaction.

Unfortunately, no Donald Duck ...

FL!ppY on TA
OF, Crystal : FL!ppY
Plus+ : FLippY38
GC : FL!ppY38
05-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Dang. Title reminded me of the Donald Duck classic Donald in Mathmagic Land.
05-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Just bought it. Decent platfomer. Worth the tiny sum of 59p

Agree with the comment above, jumping on an enemy and then disaPpearing instantly looks weird

Enjoying the game though