★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Inferno Pool (now $.99)

11-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Inferno Pool (now $.99)

A new pool app has entered the ring:
$4.99
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295279287&mt=8

So far no reviews. It looks like a pretty crazy twist on a normal game of pool. I look forward to seeing some reviews on this sucker. Game play looks insane and the graphics look polished. This may be a nice arcade alternative to Virtual Pool.
11-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. By the looks of this, you are either racing against the clock, or racing against AI opponents, as your potted balls are put on their table. Interesting idea. However, I like to play Pool because it's something I can take my time with, and plan a strategy. So this particular game, while looking pretty good from the screenshots, isn't for me. I'll stick with VP.
Fair play for them bringing something new to the 'table' (doh!!)

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 11-05-2008 at 09:23 AM.
11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
I agree with wastedyuthe on this one.
While the game does look very appealing visually, I agree that pool is meant to be played with strategy in terms of lining up your shot just perfectly..also thinking about where you want your ball to end up for the next shot etc etc.
While they are offering a new variety on gameplay, it sounds to me like this will turn into a mini-putt style game where you just rush and keep pushing your ball into a hole so your opponent gets another ball, rather than rewarding a perfect shot that took some time to line up.
01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Price dropped to $.99

I already have virtual pool so I'm debating wheter to get this or not.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
01-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
Price dropped to $.99

I already have virtual pool so I'm debating wheter to get this or not.
Same here. The gameplay seems very different. The only complaints in the app store I saw were people complaining that it doesn't sport standard pool, but if you already have Virtual Pool it shouldn't really matter.
01-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Virtual Pool is probably the only pool game I'll ever need

Tweet me and follow me! http://twitter.com/AndyL19
Check my blog out-HERE for reviews.Want your app reviewed? Send requests to andyl19@live.com