★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NaturalMotion
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 49.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NaturalMotion Games, the makers of the million-selling hit Backbreaker Football, are proud to present: ICEBREAKER HOCKEY! Crushing checks, slick moves, and super-addictive gameplay combine to create an experience that redefines action on the rink!

Deke and spin your way towards the goal, dodging and skating past players on a mission to take you down. If you make it through, it's time to face the GOALTENDER: taunt him with your SHOWBOATING skills, and charge up a SUPER-SHOT to show him who's boss!

AMAZING VISUALS
Developed by Digital Legends, Icebreaker Hockey pulls out all the stops in high-end iOS gaming: smooth, life-like skating based on motion capture data from professional ice hockey players; crushing sidewall checks and takedowns powered by NaturalMotion's endorphin simulation technology; advanced OpenGL ES 2.0 techniques (such as mirror ice reflections) for stunning graphics.

SLICK MOVES
SKATE down the rink using the accelerometer. SPIN and DEKE past opposing players for extra points. SPRINT to storm forwards, or perform a HARD STOP to send your enemies into the wall. Press the SHOWBOAT button to really rack up the points, and finish it all off nicely with a charged-up SUPER SHOT. The goaltender won't know what hit him.

HOURS OF GAMEPLAY
Icebreaker Hockey is packed with content:
CHALLENGE MODE introduces 50 original waves divided into 10 ever-tougher challenges.
ENDURANCE MODE lets you test your skills and stamina in a non-stop sequence of ever tougher waves. How far can you go?
Eight ORIGINAL TEAMS let you choose your favourite colours and looks.

ONLINE LEADERBOARDS
Powered by Game Center, Icebreaker Hockey features online leaderboards, so you can see how you measure up against your friends and the world. And with seamless Facebook integration, sharing your latest achievements with your friends is easier than ever.

ACHIEVEMENTS AND UNLOCKABLES
42 unique achievements are waiting to be conquered, along with many unlockable items!

CUSTOMIZATION
Choose your team and stick your name on the jersey!

Icebreaker Hockey is pure, adrenaline filled fun. Whether you like quick bursts of action or want to dive deep with hours of gameplay, Icebreaker Hockey is for you!

----------

ALSO BY NATURALMOTION GAMES
** DONT MISS OUR OTHER GAMES!! Clumsy Ninja, CSR Classics, Backbreaker, Backbreaker 2, Icebreaker Hockey, Jenga and My Horse; find them on the app store now!**

FOLLOW US
Twitter: @nmgames
Facebook: www.facebook.com/naturalmotiongames

Privacy Policy: http://www.naturalmotion.com/privacy-policy/
Terms of Use: http://www.naturalmotion.com/terms-of-use/

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Retina Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

iPad version: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=102928
06-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Oh yeah !

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs

06-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
nice
waiting for a gameplay trailer though

edit: just saw the trailer on their facebook side
grafic looks nice but i wanna see the goalie AI before i buy it

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

Last edited by mattll; 06-01-2011 at 10:51 AM.
06-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Weird... In Aussie AppStore it says released on 20th may 2011. There's already a review dated 1st June. Regardless, I'll be buying it, only wish it was universal.
06-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMe View Post
Weird... In Aussie AppStore it says released on 20th may 2011. There's already a review dated 1st June. Regardless, I'll be buying it, only wish it was universal.
Pretty sure that just means it was approved that day, you can set a certain date for when it goes live to the masses in the App Store. They probably just wanted to get all their press/promo in-line before the launch.

josh.hofer
twitter.com/josh_hofer
instagram.com/josh_hofer
06-02-2011, 02:12 AM
hmm
as i bought the previous natural motion games i think i wait til it drops to a buck

edit: just bought the game
impressions:
it´s like the previous backbreaker games , with the same controlls but only with icehockey visuals
the only difference from gameplay side is ,beside the new stop move, that you gotta shoot at the end of each level
shooting is basically really simple either you just go into the zone and then the player shoots automatically or you make your special run and then press the fast run button to shoot
the goalkeeper ,who does appear in later levels can knock you out like the other opponemts can if you get to close to him. you can also trick him if you are closer to him and to the special run + fast run shoot method

so imo it is a nice game but there arent many changes to the backbreaker series
so if you own backbreaker 2 , i would wait til it drops to a buck

Quote:
i tested 31 games

Last edited by mattll; 06-02-2011 at 04:18 AM.
06-02-2011, 05:33 AM
First Impressions:

Positives - I think the Backbreaker formula translates well to the ice hockey setting. Gameplay is fun and will appeal to fans of the previous 2 games. Graphics have not improved dramatically but they were good to begin with. The showboating mechanic has had a nice twist added, and there are some spectacular hit animations.

Negatives - Only two moves, whereas Backbreaker 2 added jump and truck, this appears to be a step back, with only deke (juke) and spin. Also, B2 had a secondary mode where you were the tackler, and again here we only get the basic mode. Also, the game is very short on content - you can play through all of the stages in half an hour, and difficulty levels are a cheap way to add replayability.

Overall, worth the download, but if you don't own Backbreaker 2, you need to get that first, as it remains the definitive version (plus it's a 1/3 of the price).
06-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I just picked this up this morning. I was surprised by the price tag, but I tried it anyway. It seems like the exact same mechanics as the Backbreaker series, but in a hockey atmosphere. After a brief playing period, it seems like the price tag is a bit steep. I will sit down with this later for a more extensive playing and post back some comments.
06-02-2011, 09:08 AM
i kinda miss an innovation
something completely new
i hope they add another challenge mode as i´ve just finished it ( on easy)

Quote:
i tested 31 games
06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Game Impressions

Teaser:

HD Gameplay Trailer:

Note:

First 15 Minutes of the Game.

Last edited by Sanuku; 06-02-2011 at 12:04 PM.