★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Roll a Stone - new Internet multiplayer feature, giving away 15 promo codes

04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Roll a Stone - new Internet multiplayer feature, giving away 15 promo codes

The previous version of Roll a Stone only allowed you to upload the high score and the recorded game for the first level. The latest update will now let you upload your high score and recorded game for all the different levels. However, the high score lists are still quite empty (except for level one) so I need more players. I'm therefore giving away 15 promo codes. You can get them from this page:

http://www.rapidsmountain.com/Site/R...omo_codes.html

Here is the URL to the game: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298004055&mt=8

Please download only if you are really interested in uploading your high scores for the different levels. It would also be nice to get some feedback what you like or dislike about this new multiplayer mode.

Some notes about the game:

The goal in this game is to take all the stars by rolling a stone through 30 different levels. This is done by tilting your iPhone. These levels can be quite large. Some are like huge labyrinths. Other levels are smaller and easier to play.

The new feature in this game is its Internet multiplayer mode called Netplay. All the motions of the stone will be recorded when you play. Netplay allows you to upload both your high score and the recorded game to a global high score list. You will then download the recorded game for the player that is just above you in the high score list. If you have the position 14, you will get to play against the player with position 13.

You will see two stones when you start the multiplayer game. The darker stone will be your opponent. It actually feels like you and your opponent are playing against each other at the same time. You can play against your opponent as many times as you like. You don't even have to be connected to the Internet. Your opponent will be stored in your iPhone. Later on, you might get a new opponent when you submit your new high score.

Can you beat me? I have the name LARS in the high score list.

04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
took the last one on the list, thanks!

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

04-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
took the last one on the list, thanks!
Great, looking forward to play against you.
04-15-2009, 01:58 PM
took 3T6JXRM3AEYT
thx for the game
04-15-2009, 02:03 PM
got HN6P4KHP79MT

can't wait to try it out!

tack!

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
i grabbed WRYP3YE46YY7

this game looks really good! thanks
04-15-2009, 02:16 PM
I had tried the lite and never got round to the full version, but it's awesome, will be playing a lot more once Villareal Beats Arsenal in the UCL

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
04-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Roll a Stone is nicely done, and the added dynamic of rolling stone that isn't completely smooth makes the game challenging. The different mazes and the new multiplayer make this a game pretty fun. I tried the multiplayer when it was in beta and it worked well, and I haven't had a chance to play with this new update just yet. But, I can assume that it's just as good.
04-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Darn, all gone. I really wanted to try this one out. Maybe next time.

My twitter: http://twitter.com/wo0t
My Plus+ ID is: Wo0t
I am a developer in training. Watch out app store!
04-15-2009, 03:26 PM
2 hours after I bought it you give out promo codes.

Ah well it was still worth it, it's a great game and I look forward to some more competition!

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!